Hello All,

Phixer

n3wb
Reaction score
Great forum here, I have been considering in purchasing and installing a camera system for quite some time glad to be here to seek more info. I've been leaning in the direction of Dauha, their 4208 dual processor 8 CHANNEL WITH 8 PORT POE NVR4208-8P-4Kpoe up to 12mp nvr looks interesting along with their IP cameras. Looking forward in learning more about these systems from the forum and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great forum here, I have been considering in purchasing and installing a camera system for quite some time glad to be here to seek more info. I've been leaning in the direction of Dauha, their 4208 dual processor 8 CHANNEL WITH 8 PORT POE NVR4208-8P-4Kpoe up to 12mp nvr looks interesting along with their IP cameras. Looking forward in learning more about these systems from the forum and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Welcome Phixer,

Looner2ns has some great advice, I'm glad I took it and now have a 16 port NVR which had I gotten the 8 port I would have restricted my ability to add a couple more cameras that I am now planning to.

So when considering your options do add the 16 port one to the list to do a comparison and contrast. Yes, I know some smaller homes or row houses a 8 port NVR may work well enough if you're on a tight budget. If you have a larger house or property, definitely go with 16 ports imho.

Phixer

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, guys will keep that in mind I do have other areas I may want to cover.. can you describe your platform a little. I see looney2ns is using a desktop setup with blue iris software and those starlight cams I've seen on youtube (sweet cams) is that with an external PoE switch looney2ns? Hey guys is there an advantage in running a desktop setup compared to an nvr setup?

trucams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Greetings! Also do consider a non-poe NVR along with a stand alone poe switch. Accessing the cameras directly is a little simpler and should you choose to move to BI at some point in the future, it will be one less step. Welcome!