Hello and thanks in advance

mr_guns

n3wb
Reaction score
Noob to IP security. I've been researching like crazy and just found this site. I was going to by a pre boxed Lorex system, but after looking further I believe I'm going to look at a Hikvision NVR and build my system myself. I think this will be as much a hobby for me as a security system. I probably have a million questions, but being on numerous other threads (motorcycles, my other passion) I'll use the search until I exhaust all options before asking.
Mike
Jacksonville, FL

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
but being on numerous other threads (motorcycles, my other passion) I'll use the search until I exhaust all options before asking.
Oh, Thank the lord, a Noob that "gets" it!!! :headbang:

WELCOME!!!!!

Here is a great spot to get started on IP cameras and what they have to offer. Resource Guide on IP Technology for all Noobs

Next, spend some time in the HIK section. Hikvision

Check out some install pics as well of some of the hardware. Installation Pics

Finally, here are some HIK install examples and image quality examples I've tossed together.
3 and 4mp: HIKVision & LTS 3 & 4mp Camera review/example
2MP Dome and Turrrets: LTS 2MP Dome & Turret install
2MP Domes: IP Cameras, Multiple Locations

Welcome again!
:welcome:

mr_guns

n3wb
Reaction score
Well with a lot of reading since last Friday, everything I thought I was going to do has changed. Thanks to some great reviews on there I've order various starlight cameras from Andy.

The biggest change is I'm going Blue Iris. I've been looking for a system I like, but I think I'm going to go new. I know it's overkill, but I'm looking forward to this. Now to try and remember all the things I forgot from networking classes.

The addiction has begun!