hello blue iris help needed

iscorice

n3wb
Reaction score
hello
new here but looking for blue iris help loading amcrest pro hd pan tilt cameras. i can use amcrest ip locator to find all the info on the cameras. but the camera locator on blue iris find nothing. when i manually load the ip and the port. i get a bunch of querys with question marks but zip after the it says done but no cameras loaded. any help would be appreciated
thanks
porter

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hello
new here but looking for blue iris help loading amcrest pro hd pan tilt cameras. i can use amcrest ip locator to find all the info on the cameras. but the camera locator on blue iris find nothing. when i manually load the ip and the port. i get a bunch of querys with question marks but zip after the it says done but no cameras loaded. any help would be appreciated
thanks
porter
you need to enter the proper ip address in blue iris...post an image of your video>configuration settings..you are doing something wrong.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hello
thanks
porter
Welcome iscorice

Good to have you here.

iscorice

n3wb
Reaction score
you need to enter the proper ip address in blue iris...post an image of your video>configuration settings..you are doing something

inspecting window
Opening port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Timeout
Opening port 37777...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12002
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
No automatic configuration made
Done
upload_2017-11-26_11-43-21.png

upload_2017-11-26_11-43-49.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hello
thanks
porter
In addition to pointers by Q and Fenderman, why have you chosen Foscam? Try setting up as follows, first select 'Amcrest' from dropdown, then cam model from dropdown, then input cam IP, user and password then 'OK':

amcrest_prohd.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
To be clear it's the IP address that needs to be changed

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So that 169.254.43.0 is what windows does when there is no IP assigned by dhcp. You are set up for a DHCP server but the DHCP server was not found so your system defaults to Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA). The 169.xxx stuff. Need to set a static ip on the same subnet for the pc.

What does"ipconfig /all" say at command prompt on the pc?

Last edited:

iscorice

n3wb
Reaction score
hooking it up to a internet actually solved all my problems so far, but not being hooked up to the internet modem, should not make it such a pain to create a closed system. Thanks to all who provided input.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hooking it up to a internet actually solved all my problems so far, but not being hooked up to the internet modem, should not make it such a pain to create a closed system. Thanks to all who provided input.
you dont need to be hooked up to a modem...just a router to hand out ip addresses....and there are ways to avoid that as well, but you need to know what you are doing...either way it would be a closed system....