Hello, everyone :) !

MatteoV

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey yo!

I just wanted to say hello as I'm very new around here and in the field, as well, and I'm looking at setting up a new system, for fun mainly (let's be honest, shall we?), driven initially by a newsletter by Synology saying the new Surveillance Station supports mobiles as cameras, and me obviously playing with them immediately as I had two spare phones and a 918+ happy to help! Confessions going on, here, I'm not guilty ;)
Jokes apart, the added security is a peace of mind and helps, of course, as I am moving home in a few days :)
It was no more than 1/2 weeks after this trial that I got to think I'd benefit from a real good setup, without wondering if the phones took fire, for example :paranoid:, and you guys have been rocking in developing my understanding of what I might want to look into!
Unfortunately, before finding you, I've bought three Reolink RLC-423WS that I'll honestly be returning soon. While they are a nice toy, they don't seem to be of any help for a surveillance system, maybe one can stay for indoors, bought at a lighting price, but I'm still unsure even about that. Also, since I'm renting, mounting options are a bit a limiting factor still. Another factor is I bought a NETGEAR GS116PP and it supports up to 30W PoE+ and ReoLink support had confirmed me they supported it...for then changing idea at my second request...when too late. Nice :)

Anyway, my adventures apart, it's great to have found this community, and congrats for the precious information you are all sharing around here, in a few days I've learnt a hell of a lot! :goodpost: