Hello from Colorado

Laundry

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been lurking for a few weeks trying to figure out what the hell i'm going to do for a cam system for my home. Well I decided to join this wonderful community in hopes I can learn more.

Jason

Laundry

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info tangent!!!!! I currently have in route a Sonology NAS DS216+II and 2 WD 3TB Reds. I was hoping to use the Surveillance Station software to run 2-3 cameras. Funny you mentioned the Dahua Starlights as I'm looking for 2 of the bullet style (think they will make a better fit). I built a new home and have 2 locations prewired, one in the front by the front door and one location in the backyard. Once the 2 prewired locations are up and running I'd like to buy a Starlight Turret to capture driveway and street action. I'm trying to locate a legit source for the cameras now :(

Laundry

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm thinking of these, and thanks for Nayr for posting about it. If it wasn't for him and this community I'd never know about Dahua let alone their Starlight models. I might be able to use turret shaped cameras if I could find a decent looking wall mount for them.
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet (IPC-HFW5231E-Z)

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Once the lunar new year celebrations have concluded you can get it directly through here using Paypal by IM'ng @EMPIRETECANDY

Ive bought over a thousand dollars in equipment from him in the last couple months and his service has been better than some US Vendors ive used in the past.

Laundry

n3wb
Reaction score
Just placed an order for 3 5231R-Z can't wait for them to arrive...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Laundry

n3wb
Reaction score

The eagle has landed. Can't wait to get these up and running.

Laundry

n3wb
Reaction score

1st camera installed by the front door. Now to figure out all the settings....

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

1st camera installed by the front door. Now to figure out all the settings....

Rotate the camera 90 degrees physically and in software. Wall shots don't do any good you get lots of IR reflection.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^^ what he said, but do it 90 degrees counter-clock wise so the IR is as far from the outgoing wall as possible.

you'll probably be able to see the ground, dont forget to play w/the zoom and test it by standing out there to see how well it does w/faces.