Hello from Ireland

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi all,

I joined these forums what must be well over a year ago now after deciding that i wanted to add some IP cameras to my property following the rampant increase in car and house door checkers in our area. Before coming across this site i made the common mistake of buying some no name generic cameras which are woeful at best and can only confirm that someone was there and that's about it.

I have read and read all reviews I can (and find myself going back to them often when a certain camera is mentioned in other threads). I find it amazing that such a wealth of detailed and fact based testing/knowledge is regularly shared by people in their own time for no reward. I therefore thank all those who have contributed their time (and often own money) in providing reviews/troubleshooting steps/installation tips/cliff notes & wiki content etc. This hard work will save those who chose to read and take note large amounts of time and money.

I myself am looking to start out with two of the highly recommended Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE. After a lot of playing in the IPVM calculator tool (which is amazing by the way), the focal length, camera form and low amount of ambient light should suit these cameras well from what i have read. Once I have tested these in various locations with a temporary mount, i will plan to add more in time.

I hope to buy these from Andy @EMPIRETECANDY , is the best way still to email him and work through paypal to ensure tax free shipping to Europe?

See you on the forums.