Hello, from Maryland

acme69

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,
I've been browsing the forum and reading up on the wiki pages to learn more. I've got a second chance on doing things over in my home after last years storms parked a hundred year old tree on top of my home. Luckily nobody was injured, and most of the rebuild has been completed. It was only recently that I discovered someone has been removing items from my property and my current setup is not helping at all.

My current camera system is junk, using nest cameras. At the time it was a quick fix. but like all quick fixes, I will end up spending more.......:)

On that note, my home is an average size home roughly about 2000 s/f. When I moved in originally,. I went ahead an ran all new wiring. Cat 5e to all rooms in the home and garage. The cable is all home run to one location in my home. I have access to my attic and garage attic to run new cabling for the camera system. I've attached plan views of my home.

This is what I'm proposing for my camera setup and would like your all opinions please.
First plan shows my basic footprint of my home. The second shows camera locations.
My plan is showing a twelve camera setup, but I'm planning for about 16 cameras to go in.

I will be using one of my old computer builds that will be running Blue Iris.

Thanks all!

Attachments