Hello from Memphis

Bradster62

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. I'm working with an Amcrest NVR (NV4108E) and Amcrest 3MP (IP3M-954E) cameras. I'll be participating in this forum as I learn the technology, manage, and upgrade my system.

I've been running the trial version of Blue Iris and am impressed with the BI capabilities.

Currently, the NVR is recording 7/24 to the 4TB HDD in the NVR while the PC based BI is recording when triggered to my PC HDD.

Question: Can the BI running on my PC directly address (read/write) the 4TB Western Digital Purple HDD that is installed in the NVR?

If not I may consider shutting down the DVR, moving the 4TB HDD to the PC and using that as my solution. Obviously, I will need to purchase a POE switch if I move the cameras from the NVR to my network.

This forum is a great resource. Glad to be a member.

Brad

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm working with an Amcrest NVR (NV4108E) and Amcrest 3MP (IP3M-954E) cameras. I'll be participating in this forum as I learn the technology, manage, and upgrade my system.

I've been running the trial version of Blue Iris and am impressed with the BI capabilities.

Currently, the NVR is recording 7/24 to the 4TB HDD in the NVR while the PC based BI is recording when triggered to my PC HDD.

Question: Can the BI running on my PC directly address (read/write) the 4TB Western Digital Purple HDD that is installed in the NVR?

If not I may consider shutting down the DVR, moving the 4TB HDD to the PC and using that as my solution. Obviously, I will need to purchase a POE switch if I move the cameras from the NVR to my network.

This forum is a great resource. Glad to be a member.

Brad
bi cannot read or write to the nvr...