Hello from NC

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello from NC. I’ve been lurking for awhile and I am finally nearing my first IP camera setup for house that I recently purchased. I recently hired a contractor to run some cat5e and install Eero AP’s (Eero only sells their access points through licensed installers). As you can obviously infer my home network wifi is utilizing an Eero Pro 3 node setup, Google Fiber is my ISP (1Gigabit U/D). Currently my main home server is a Synology DS416Play using WD Reds.

The contractor I used for above work has recommended an IP camera setup but I am not sold on whether his recommendations fit my needs or are cost effective. I have read the wiki and done a fair bit of googling between searching for options as well as a setup that would play nice with home automation. I invested in a Hubitat hub and I’d like to get a camera system that I can use with this. Recently I came across Camect which seems like it might be a better choice vs using a NVR, and is compatible with most cameras, and Hubitat.

The recommended setup from contractor mentioned with equipment from ENS above is attached. I would appreciate any useful feedback.

Attachments

Last edited: