Hello from NL

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello from Netherlands

This forum seems great for getting into ip cameras.
I started with test with a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I 4 mm and a Synology with Surveilance Server, but i decided to go for a Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2/A and a few more Hikvision camera's.

These camera's are:

Hikvision DS-2DE5220I-AE for Car on the public road
Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW for the Car on our ground
Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-I in house where every comes in the house
Hikvision DS-2CD2032I for the Garden.

And:
Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2/A NVR with 2 x WD 4GB purple HDD's

Intended layout (top view)
09127150005309962232.jpg

Side view:
08882578685401893720.jpg

The biggest challenge will be getting the DS-2DE5220I-AE installed with its high POE requirements.

we further have regulations that you cannot simply record video of public space, and if you do you have to report it to central authoritys. Also you need to have a sign up video is recorded, and the camera needs to be visable.
i think the ptz will be clearly visable, that is supposed to go up 8-9 meter high on the house wall.

This is the view from 8 -9 meter high (taken from neighbours house)
43170607612221379519.jpg

Photo taken through muskito protector with iphone. (About comparable to 4 mm lens on hikvision i think)

So 2 of the camera's are not recording public space, and the PTZ will be. It will be aimed at where our car 2 is parked, which is mostly in the middle spot of the 3 options in the above drawing. The blue car in the above photo.
It will record a lot of things i do not need, so i need to figure out if i need do do motion detect, or entry or exit from a box or cross a line etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ordered a Planet POE-173 60-Watt Ultra Power over Ethernet High Speed ethernet Injector for the 5220 camera with its 32 watt requirement. My D-Link POE switch cannot deliver that per port so this seemed the best solution i found local here.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You could paint PTZ with reflective paint or put motorbike reflective stickers on it.

Can you put a sign up on the tree saying CCTV in operation?

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have ordered an received a plate that shows "camera recordings made here"
We are sort of needed from the law to have a sign so people know they are filmed on own ground.

For not own ground you need to fill a report with the people that take care of the privacy.

basic, 2 of my neighbors and myself park there. So i will inform them that during night time they will be recorded by me.
i do not think they care that i record their cars and them stepping out/in. Might come handy if ever someone breaks into their car also.

as for decorating the ptz tomake it more visable.. I think it will really show there. House colour is dark red stones, and anthracite coloured window surroundings.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This seems like good general advice everywhere. I have no issues with my neighbours having CCTV covering my car. Will definitely come in handy should the worst happen.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
like i said in my topic, i don't think you have to worry to much.
if you inform them as you said it probably is ok.
At my parents we have 3 ptz camera's and some static ones, at first my neighbor said whats that, told him camera etc etc.
And a few weeks later there was a break and entering further down the street, suspects were fled (if thats the word) further down the street here.
Where did you think they ringed the bell, to ask if i maybe had some video's of them...

As long the lens / head from the ptz cam is not pointing to a house window or something , i think nobody will ever complain about it.
When you are looking inside someone there home, its a different story.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re: Hello from Netherlands

we further have regulations that you cannot simply record video of public space, and if you do you have to report it to central authoritys. Also you need to have a sign up video is recorded, and the camera needs to be visable.
Wow, that's just ridiculous.

Even using motion detect you will pick up a ton of stuff you don't need, so you should probably forget being able to cleanly record an external image in that environment. People walking, birds, bugs, rain, clouds affecting shadows and lighting, you'd be surprised how many false positives you'll get. Most of us just record 24/7 and if you have quality software (I personally do not) you can go through your video after the fact and it will highlight motion events.

Make sure you have something with a really strong optical zoom, that car is far away! But a good angle. You should be able to get some good vid, good luck :)
This seems like good general advice everywhere. I have no issues with my neighbours having CCTV covering my car. Will definitely come in handy should the worst happen.
If they're smart they'll see it as a free high definition video surveillance. None of my neighbors have ever complained. If they did I'd tell them to politely pound sand anyway.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re: Hello from Netherlands

Wow, that's just ridiculous.
Yes, it is the same government who has all the telephone conversations of satelite that we are in the beam of tapped and directly delivered to the NSA

privacy needs to be well protected :)

Even using motion detect you will pick up a ton of stuff you don't need, so you should probably forget being able to cleanly record an external image in that environment. People walking, birds, bugs, rain, clouds affecting shadows and lighting, you'd be surprised how many false positives you'll get. Most of us just record 24/7 and if you have quality software (I personally do not) you can go through your video after the fact and it will highlight motion events.

Make sure you have something with a really strong optical zoom, that car is far away! But a good angle. You should be able to get some good vid, good luck :)If they're smart they'll see it as a free high definition video surveillance. None of my neighbors have ever complained. If they did I'd tell them to politely pound sand anyway.
I have Hikvision 5220AE on order, so the 20x zoom should do.
My hikvision nvr does show me alerts in the playback screen on the timelines in different soulours, so movement, line crossing and entry and exit box should have different colors even if i understood the manual correctly.

I think i will not set it to record 24x7 for motion, as i not see them steal my car in full daylight.
Also stealing is not the main concirn, car has an bearlock and an non VW alarm system with a gps tracker.
They tend to steal part nowdays i think. So airbags, Xeon headlights etc. I hope i can never post a video of that happening here.

If they're smart they'll see it as a free high definition video surveillance. None of my neighbors have ever complained. If they did I'd tell them to politely pound sand anyway.
I guess most will not object, my one side neigbors do not mind at all, they were even enthousiast about it.
The other neighbor works for the largest money printing company in the country, i bet he is used to be filmed all the time :)

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good luck. I wish my neighbors took surveillance a bit more seriously. Instead they tend to wait until something happens to their car, then they complain about it on the neighborhood facebook page, and proceed to do absolutely nothing else about their life, thus ensuring it happens again.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good luck. I wish my neighbors took surveillance a bit more seriously. Instead they tend to wait until something happens to their car, then they complain about it on the neighborhood facebook page, and proceed to do absolutely nothing else about their life, thus ensuring it happens again.
You could generalise this to the majority of the population.

Dutchlincoln

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi there fellow Dutchman.
Not sure, but as far as i know, regulations have changed and are not that strict anymore...

I had the same... They even called the police, and i had them at my door.
They asked if it were real cameras. I said thats a knowing to me and a guess to you. Are they allowed? No... Then they are dummys. They asked me for proof of that. I tried to explain that i cannot proof that a cam is a dummy. The other way around is feasible, but this isnt.

2 months later the car of the complaining neighbor got stolen. Guess what they asked.... Sorry guys, they're dummys...

Never had a complaint again...

By now, they know they're real, and many had some use of them as well..

Bottomline: Have them all recording. At the end you'll be happy with the decision sooner or later.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hahaha that is classic stupid neighbours.

Bottomline: You can smoke as much pot as you like but you can't keep an eye on your car.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think it has to be in the local government rules to prohibit camera use. Nothing in the local one it seems.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tested the 5220 on the POE ultra adapter and it powers up ok. I can control the ptz and that all works, so it seems ok.
now need to plastic dip the white part as that does stick out on my house too much.

edit:
bought plasti dip AEROSOL SPRAY 400ML MATTE GUNMETAL GREY
Cat-6 cables are here also, so almost ready for the handy man to come here to help me.

Need to make the 5220 and the DS-2CD2332-I / S-1280ZJ-M grey with plasti dip.