Hello from Spain!

Reaction score
Hi all,
im moving to a new house and since that i started lurking about security and cctv.
finally i arrived here, so i take a look around. I readed Cliff notes, and take a look at some wiki pages as well as some forum threads.

I will need help designing my security sistem, cause im totally new to this kind fo tech, but im the kind of tinkerer nerd, that love to learn new things and the satisfaction to have something up and running as inteded.

Going a step ahead (thanks in advance SouthernYankee).
Quick start

1) Understood, Dahua or if not possible, Hikvision, but im biased to dahua. My only complaint, i didnt found any turret with alarm in/out yet.

2) Im investigating right now about VPN and VLAN to keep cameras out the reach of internet, but accesible if needed.

3) Im a kind of old fashioned wire guy. I like wireless for my tablet and phone, but when something is serious, wire FTW.

4) Just in very very limited cases, and security isnt. I dont like Alexa, google home, and all that shit, i want it local and private.

5) Im new to this camera tech, but if you say that, done!

6) I know, my 4Mp HTC did better fotos than most 12-13mp sensors. Right now im looking at 2-4MP as sweet spot.

7) I read about all the kind of security lacks thay can have.

8) At first i take realink in consideration, but right now they are out of my radar.

9) Im looking at it, but right now i didnt find any turret that has alarm in/out int he Dauha catalog, as i want the cameras to be able to interact with the security system (WIP right now). https://www.dahuasecurity.com/asset/upload/download/20180713/HDCVI-Products-Selection-2018V3-0713.pdf

10) Yep, i only work with solid copper wire 24awg Cat5E and cat6, UTP and STP.

11) TY!, i will did something like it in the next weeks.

I also have hundrdeds of questions, ho can i interface the camers with my security sistem, will the computer i had, have enought muscle to run the cams, i can interface blue iris with the security sistem, how can i integrate the cameras with the home automation, in that case wich protocols do they use...

As im working right now before moving in, i can prepare everything for a best seamless system.
So in the next weeks i will be asking lots of things.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

Attachments