Hello from the Netherlands

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,
name is Vince live in the Netherlands and my hobby is technical stuff like cams and such ;)

Been fooling around with analog cams and making the switch to IP cams since a little while.
I like to build and try many things , also doing Domotica ( home automation) on and in the house ,got the curtains and suchs all going and some cams around the house and in other buildings.
Wanted to ask and share some info i had.

Some pics of what i have build in the past
Foto800-8RLNJMOI.jpgFoto800-JALRX7DQ.jpgFoto800-JPGUPN3F.jpgFoto800-IPJ8RTMQ.jpg
Setup at the holiday house in France, still analog but will be replaced by a IP box cam.

Last edited by a moderator:

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Welkom, Vince!
Fantastische projekten!

Great skills and knowledge. Repurposing and automating manual camera lenses (I presume) and making them into remote operated PTZ on a huge antenna. You could work at mythbusters building stuff ;)

What is the fourth thing?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome, great looking hacks.. cant wait to see what you have in mind for IPCams.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the welcome.
Yes Icerabbit,
you are correct ! :)
My dad was somewhere and a guy was smashing these lenses on the ground big pile of them just for fun.
My dad saved 3 of them and from the 3 we made 2 working lenses, the old rotator thats 25 years old ad still can move a rock.
Needed to convert it but we did not made it working with RS 485 Pelco for example, i used a Velleman k8000 card that we had laying arround and made some relay party.
its nice when you use it you hear a clicking song from relays switching haha. ( hence the 4th picture)
I did bought a prefab PCB that we are going to use to make it work with pelco protocol so it can be added in Blueiris instead of using a little browser window next to it with the controls for the httpd from the velleman card.

Also bought a new tower that i have to move to France first and make the foundation were it should be placed on, also busy making a controller to let it go up and down from a distance by the internet.
This tower will be allot higher so much cooler image/view if its up at 32 Meters.

I am busy with something else and trying to find a bigger lens like 400mm or bigger for a good and still affordable price.
Got a box of hikvision cams here still have to install so allot of work to do but since 3 weeks ago i tear down my jetski and started rebuilding / styling it and put a bigger engine in so i need to divide my time good ;)
it went from this Foto800-QVQLXCIN.jpg to this Foto800-LTN8JMLS.jpgFoto800-8UHYAI6Z.jpg
I was actually thinking about placing a ip cam i the garage and let it do Timelapse from the work i am doing.
Would be great to see a movie from X months in timelapse i think.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Damn i wish I could put up a 100' tower, with a camera and a bunch of antennas uptop :)

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well actually I have no license or. Permit to do as well but I just do it haha.
Since it's in France were my parents live many months of the year and it's on a mountain side there are little to no neighbors and they live pretty far away.

Here in the Netherlands I actually have done the same but a smaller tower just 24 meters.
No permit etc, but I drop the tower down every time I am done to keep the neighborhood happy.
Haha
Will post some pics. Need to put a ptz ip cam in there as well with a big lens and maybe laser ir.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Folks, we have ourselves a very " Handige Harry " ! ;)

Concrete pedestals, tall antenna towers, restoring vehicles/vessels, upgrading engines, automating things, ...

You must be (forum member) Nayr's twin from the Netherlands, which we did not know he had ;) :laugh: :p :eek:

Can't wait to see more of your projects! With or without permit ;)

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
haha i guess so, but i am not such a "handige harry"
I just try and see what happens most of the times i make something or try ;)
You only see the pics of things that did go right haha