Hello from TN! Need whole system advice

greatcurve

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!

I've been lurking for a little while and I'm starting to understand, but I'm in a bit of a time crunch. Here's my situation: I'm a landlord and one of my tenants is having issues with a neighbor who has mental health problems. We're already working with the police, so I don't need any help there. We've decided to install cameras as a deterrent and also for capturing the antics of the neighbor. I've read through the Cliff Notes and searched the forum, but I'm not sure exactly what to look for. I want a PoE system comprised of five turret cameras similar to the IPC-HDW5231R-Z and possibly a doorbell cam. Here's where I get lost. I think I want an NVR with PoE. I want to be able to record 24/7 and overwrite every 3-4 days. I don't want to dedicate a local PC, but I want to be able to access the system through my laptop remotely (the cameras would all be outdoor, no indoor cameras) for set up and pulling recordings and I want my tenant to be able to access the cameras as well. I also want to be able to see the cams on my and my tenant's phones. I would be accessing the system through the tenant's internet connection. I used to run low voltage for a living, so wiring and installation is not a problem. Is what I'm looking for possible? Thanks in advance!

-greatcurve

Reaction score
Here is a thread, that is interesting, that might offer information.