Hello From Washington D.C.

Reaction score
My name is Jim Kovakas and I am planning a home IP camera security system at my home outside DC and I need some advice. I'm looking at using 6 Dahua IPC-HDBW4631R-Zs cameras with a NVR4216-16p-4ks2 recorder. Does this sound workable? Does anyone purchase from the Chinese seller DHgate? Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If buying dahua cameras and NVRs buy from Andy, he is a forum member and has outstanding service. And very fast shipping. He sells international dahua cameras.
@EMPIRETECANDY
Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

EmpireTech-Andy @ Amazon.com:

his email address: kingsecurity2014@163.com -- if you do not find what you are looking for email him.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quick start
1) Use Dahua starlight cameras or Hikvision darkfighter cameras or ICPT Night eye cameras (https://store.ipcamtalk.com/) if you need good low light cameras.
2) use a VPN to access home network (openVPN)
3) Do not use wifi cameras.
4) Do not use cloud storage
5) Do Not use uPNP, P2P, QR, do not open ports,
6) More megapixel is not necessarily better.
7) Avoid chinese hacked cameras (most ebay, amazon, aliexpress cameras(not all, but most))
8) Do not use reolink, ring, nest cameras (they are junk)
9) If possible use a turret camera , bullet collect spiders, dome collect dirt and reflect light (IR)
10) Use only solid copper, AWG 23 or 24 ethernet wire. , no CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum)

Read,study,plan before spending money ..... plan plan plan

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My name is Jim Kovakas and I am planning a home IP camera security system at my home outside DC and I need some advice. I'm looking at using 6 Dahua IPC-HDBW4631R-Zs cameras with a NVR4216-16p-4ks2 recorder. Does this sound workable? Does anyone purchase from the Chinese seller DHgate? Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.
Those cams are hacked china region and domes to boot..avoid.

KT88s

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Welcome
Newbi here myself, you came to the right place.
Study the links these members post for you, the knowledge base here is amazing.

Reaction score
Welcome
Newbi here myself, you came to the right place.
Study the links these members post for you, the knowledge base here is amazing.
Thanks for your reply. I assume that both cameras and NVRs should be up-gradable?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I assume that both cameras and NVRs should be up-gradable?
Welcome @James Kovakas

Here's an example of issues another member is currently having with their dome cameras:
Night Vision Cloudyness

and here's an example of a member having issues with Chinese region cameras hacked to English
Dahua IP camera motion detection not working on 2 cameras

If you want less issues, I would recommend looking closer at the recommendations by looney2ns and southernyankee

KT88s

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lots of us educate our self's with our wallet first, that's ok. not only have i done it, i STILL do it.
Being a newbi here myself, im still gathering/honing my questions.