Hello, have a question about camera replacement

Reaction score
Hello

I was looking around the internet for a replacement security camera. It's a bit overwhelming since I'm learning all this tech stuff. I'm great at keeping my pets happy, healthy and have a long life or growing 5lb tomatoes, not so much with technology. My other half was great at it and handled all the tech stuff, but unfortunately he died a little over a year ago. So I've been on a crash course of learning how to keep the network and cameras up. When we decided to put outdoor security cameras up was because of a bad neighbor. they on purpose would damage the fence and/or let/command their dangerous dog charge it, and property would go missing or be damage (egging house), etc. Every member of my family has almost been bitten. For these reasons we decided to document what was going on and at time didn't have much money (I'm on ssi) and the foscam seamed to meet our needs. After the foscam went up, we learned that these neighbors were also selling drugs to high school kids. Luckily, they moved after a year of these cameras being up.

I have a foscam that died after about 1.5 to 2 yrs of use. It's a Foscam FI9828W 1.3 Megapixel (1280x960p) 3x optical zoom wireless (mine are wired) outdoor PTZ IP Camera it's hooked up to blue iris that shows/records all the cams. So what ever I get MUST be compatible with BI. With the camera that went down, it stopped working about 6 months ago. It was working fine then no lights on, (there are lights on the LAN port) a hard reset and unplugging/plug all connection in the camera doesn't do anything. changing to another outlet and changing the power cord still nothing the camera just sits there not moving. With no power, I can't try any trouble shooting. I think it may be defective, but from what I've read on reviews on the foscam FI9828w..... that cam was on the market for roughly a year when I bought mine. back then the reviews were good. Now days they are mostly bad with any camera over a year old. night vision fails, timeout, sudden dead camera, cameras rebooting themselves. Some ppl who at first gave a 4 or 5 star review came back and gave a 1 star. If these reviews were there to read. I would of never gotten these cameras; the same problems I have seem to be wide spread, poor quality control.
Ideally I want the same features. eventually I'll be replacing all foscams (as they die off), but first I need to find a quality brand that I can get the bang out of the buck.

I also started a thread in the IP Camera section https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/14021-Looking-for-a-replacement-camera-that-died-Foscam-FI9828W?p=127229#post127229