hello im new with an rtsp issue

junkcrap

n3wb
Reaction score
i recently purchased blue iris and connected to my existing Defender Sentinel 8camera 21000 series system. I can view CH01 but cannot figure out the URL to connect the other 7 cameras. This an older system and is no longer supported. Does anyone know how i would go about finding the proper rtsp to make this work? thanks in advance

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you try changing the camera # from 01 to 02 and repeat?

1655353212128.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Let's not worry about stream profiles right now.

Just above that is the Cam# - are you able to change that to 2 and does it work?

junkcrap

n3wb
Reaction score
Let's not worry about stream profiles right now.

Just above that is the Cam# - are you able to change that to 2 and does it work?
this is also greyed out when i choose RTSP. i can change it when i am in HTTP but it doesnt seem to work

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What does it show for the profile?

And did you first try putting in the IP address of the NVR, then the user and password and then hit find/inspect and see if BI finds the right combo for you? It may come up as generic or some other brand, but that way may also let you change the Cam#

junkcrap

n3wb
Reaction score
What does it show for the profile?

And did you first try putting in the IP address of the NVR, then the user and password and then hit find/inspect and see if BI finds the right combo for you? It may come up as generic or some other brand, but that way may also let you change the Cam#
yes i did try that. it does not detect when i do find/inspect. I am only able to get CH01 to display by choosing Defender from the dropdown in HTML. When i choose RTSP, i lose access to Make, Model, Cam and Sream Profiles Main. I can still change Stream Profiles Sub
RTSP causes Make to revert to Generic/ONVIF and Model to revert to *RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On the page for the cam's "settings" => "Video"tab => "Configuration" button, at the extreme upper left of the page, you're not selecting "rstp" from the drop-down that's to the left of the cam's IP, are you? It should remain at "http".

Last edited:

junkcrap

n3wb
Reaction score
On the page for the cam's "settings" => "Video"tab => "Configuration" button, at the extreme upper left of the page, you're not selecting "rstp" from the drop-down that's to the left of the cam's IP, are you? It should remain at "http".
i have been. is that where im going wrong? do you have an example of what the url would look like? i think im typing it in wrong. its very frustrating learnig on the fly lol

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried this?
Select "http", put in NVR's IP, username and password, click on "Find/Inspect" and get back to us.

junkcrap

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried this?
Select "http", put in NVR's IP, username and password, click on "Find/Inspect" and get back to us.
yes. this is how i connected to channel 1. i need to figure out how to show the other 7 cameras

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Disregard the "make"and "model" boxes below, use what BI found for you.
You will do 8 total of those, for each cam, all with the same IP, only the "Cam#" selection in the drop-down will be different (1 thru 8).
Don't worry about the streams right now.

cam1.png

junkcrap

n3wb
Reaction score
Disregard the "make"and "model" boxes below, use what BI found for you.
You will do 8 total of those, for each cam, all with the same IP, only the "Cam#" selection in the drop-down will be different (1 thru 8).
Don't worry about the streams right now.

View attachment 130925
Sorry for the delayed response, i was away on vacation.
So when i do Find/Inspect I get the following:

Opening 192.168.2.28 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Failed with HTTP 12029
Opening 192.168.2.28 port 8999...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
Cantonk port 34567?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

junkcrap

n3wb
Reaction score
When I connected my Reolink cameras I didnt get the "Failed with HTTP 12029" error. Could this be a clue?