hello ipcamtalk

JO22

n3wb
Reaction score
We have installed a basic system at our home and trying to make the best of it

I have found some answers here and there but still have several questions un-answered

hoping to learn from you

appreciate your kindness in advance :wave:

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Blue Iris, it is very stable, runs great at default mode but has so many capabilities that can be fine tuned. It is kept up to date with constant useful tweaks. It is a bargain for what you get.

:welcome:

JO22

n3wb
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Blue Iris, it is very stable, runs great at default mode but has so many capabilities that can be fine tuned. It is kept up to date with constant useful tweaks. It is a bargain for what you get.

:welcome:
What is the main reason people get it if they already have a software from the camera brand that does everything?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the main reason people get it if they already have a software from the camera brand that does everything?
Most of us have found the software from the camera brand is lacking, especially once you get a few cameras. Plus it ties you in to that brand.

Which camera are you talking about?

JO22

n3wb
Reaction score
Most of us have found the software from the camera brand is lacking, especially once you get a few cameras. Plus it ties you in to that brand.

Which camera are you talking about?
Hikvision

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I mean if it works for you that is all that matters!

JO22

n3wb
Reaction score
I mean if it works for you that is all that matters!

My griefs with this installation so far
1. Not buying higher Megapixel for front cams, they gave my father 5MP cams with 4MP systems so no point to upgrade cam to 8MP without replacing the rest, can't stop crying about it :banghead:
2. the quality of cameras wrings that position it (don't know what they call them). keeps moving with wind and snow. Chinese is all we got
3. quality of BNC used (installer fault)
4. the cams are too high to fix, clean and catch faces clearly
5. Lack of AI features that can stop false alarms
6. having analog cams (not sure about this)
Beside all this, ignorance is a bless :lmao:

Welcome to IPCT ! :wave:
Thanks TonyR :wave: