Hello new member singing in!

UavPilot

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a cheapish camera from Ebay UK, so many out there I just don't know which one.

Looking for a Pan and Tilt one which is easy to set up to my Android Phone and my Windows 10 PC. Also needs to be accessible from any public wifi spot, ie internet cafe abroad. The ideal senario would be if anyone could access it from their Phone. Any advice would be appreciated. Not very technically mind on IP Cams. Thanks Patrick

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Cheap ptz? Foscam, they suck, but you said cheap, not good, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

UavPilot

n3wb
Reaction score
OK

Would this do what I need? LINK

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is about as cheap as they get. And sucky. But maybe you'll get lucky and it will work well enough.

Also you should be aware that IP cameras are notoriously insecure. If it can be accessed over the internet without a VPN connection, it can and likely will eventually be hacked, making it part of a botnet and a backdoor into your network.

VPN Primer for Noobs

^^ This would be advisable to read.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
That is about as cheap as they get. And sucky. But maybe you'll get lucky and it will work well enough.

Also you should be aware that IP cameras are notoriously insecure. If it can be accessed over the internet without a VPN connection, it can and likely will eventually be hacked, making it part of a botnet and a backdoor into your network.

VPN Primer for Noobs

^^ This would be advisable to read.
Also you should be aware that everything is notoriously insecure. If it can be accessed over the internet without a VPN connection, it can and likely will eventually be hacked, making it part of a botnet and a backdoor into your network.

^^^ fixed that for ya LOL

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL. Yes, that is true enough. Basically anything popular enough to be worth a hacker's time will be hacked one way or another.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
LOL. Yes, that is true enough. Basically anything popular enough to be worth a hacker's time will be hacked one way or another.
yup, I don't even leave SSH open to the net, the only way into the network is VPN, which I am sure they try to fuck with all day and night, I do require certs to connect though, so far so good, as far as I know, haha. But if you are targeted by state sponsored hackers, you're most likely screwed, OR they will just drive a black van up to your house and take you out with silencers and stuff.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
meh I don't have a problem leaving ssh open as long as you use a non-standard port, cert auth, and fail2ban