Hello There, Newbie here, SRICAM

Reaction score
Hi guys,
i have just been given a SRICAM SP015, Crap i know, but would be geat for a little security outside my house, and was free. it was given to me from my farther-in-law, and he has forgotten the password for the camera. i saw a thread on here i think of using Telnet in windows to acsess the password, this i have done but where it says
user1: , pwd1:
user2: , pwd2:
user3: admin, pwd3: (blank)
it is not showing the password.
I have tried loads of times to reset the camera with the reset button, all it does is turn all the way round and back, and pan up and down.
Is there anyone that could help me to get the password, or to reset the camera, pretty please
Thanks
Mark

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried loads of times to reset the camera with the reset button
I'm guessing that it may be a short presss for a reboot, but a long press (maybe 30 seconds, starting from power off) for a reset to defaults.
But I may be wrong.

i saw a thread on here i think of using Telnet in windows to acsess the password, this i have done
I'm curious what you actually did here. And did you try a blank password for admin?
Normally, passwords do not echo.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try this:
  • Power up cam.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Hold reset button for 20 seconds.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Open browser IE11 or pale moon 32bit) with cam's IP
  • Login with user "admin', password "888888"

Reaction score
I'm guessing that it may be a short presss for a reboot, but a long press (maybe 30 seconds, starting from power off) for a reset to defaults.
But I may be wrong.

I'm curious what you actually did here. And did you try a blank password for admin?
Normally, passwords do not echo.

OMG This worked, for view from browser, never thought of that, thats the first image i have seen through it, will this work on the apps and other software? Thanks