Hello! We've a Dahua SDT1A203T-GN in a MacOS/iOS only, and we need your help

Reaction score
My name is Jonathan and I have been lurking here for too long, so right out of the gate I have to say . . .

**THANK YOU ALL*** because this forum is a wellspring of information in a very niche knowledge base. Here in France, PoE PTZ IPcams are just started to become known by consumers, and boy do the installers like to rip off customers.

And since I am an internet sleuth, I've been researching this cam culture for 2 odd years now, so some of the jargon I am familiar with. But it is because this forum (and my ever vigilant wife) that we moved away from the Sunba 601-D20X and bought the Dahua SDT1A203T-GN. But . . . I am ashamed to write this, I have failed somewhere along this quest for home security.

Basically, my questions about the Dahua SDT1A203T-GN are:

1- Mac compatiblity?
2- iOS compatibility?
3 - How to PoE this cam?

A million thanks and cheer to all your vigilance and knowledge!!

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think the current version of firmware for this model might still require a browser plugin to see video in the browser. The latest version of Safari, Firefox and Chrome do not support that plugin. You should be able to connect to the camera using Safari and access most of the settings/configurations, you just can't see video. Dahua has been updating the firmware of other camera models so that you can see video without a plugin. Hopefully this camera will get that update soon.

iOS shouldn't be a problem. After you get the camera initially configured, you can use an iOS app like iDMSS Pro to connect to the camera and watch video.

For PoE, I personally use a PoE switch. Others have used PoE injectors, but I don't have any personal experience with those. Hopefully someone else can add some thoughts there.

@EMPIRETECANDY, do you know if Dahua has a newer version of firmware for this camera that will support video without the browser plugin?

Reaction score
You should be able to connect to the camera using Safari and access most of the settings/configurations, you just can't see video. . . . iOS shouldn't be a problem . . . . For PoE, I personally use a PoE switch.
@EMPIRETECANDY, do you know if Dahua has a newer version of firmware for this camera that will support video without the browser plugin?
Thank you for the reply. We chose this model as out first venture into home security, and found that if fit our needs well. As I understand, I can initialize with Safari and then view via an app on iOS, like iDMSS. Are there other apps recommended? We will primarily be using our iPhones for viewing.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. We chose this model as out first venture into home security, and found that if fit our needs well. As I understand, I can initialize with Safari and then view via an app on iOS, like iDMSS. Are there other apps recommended? We will primarily be using our iPhones for viewing.
Seems the best app from dahau is iDMSS.
1- Mac compatiblity? Yes
2- iOS compatibility? Yes
3 - How to PoE this cam? Use POE switch or POE nvr to power.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
-Regarding the PoE switch, make sure it says 803.2af or 802.3at.
-SmartPSS also works to view your cameras.
-I don't believe a new firmware that works without plugins has been released for this camera yet (latest 180913 still includes plugins). So, you'll need to use SmartPSS, Firefox ESR 52 with the plugin, or Google Chrome with one of the compatible chrome apps. The latest firmware for this camera may support adobe flash player (use chrome).

thekubiaks

n3wb
Reaction score
My name is Jonathan and I have been lurking here for too long, so right out of the gate I have to say . . .

And since I am an internet sleuth, I've been researching this cam culture for 2 odd years now, so some of the jargon I am familiar with. But it is because this forum (and my ever vigilant wife) that we moved away from the Sunba 601-D20X and bought the Dahua SDT1A203T-GN. But . . . I am ashamed to write this, I have failed somewhere along this quest for home security.
Jonathan, Can I ask why you are moving away from the Sunba 601-D20X? I am looking for a POE PTZ Outdoor camera with night vision that works with the IP Cam Viewer Android app and the Sunba does this. I would buy a Dahua if I could find one (PTZ POE+) that works with the IP Cam Viewer app. Thanks.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score