Help… Linking Lorex to TinyCam - Trying and failing

tfskidoo

n3wb
Reaction score
I am in the process of installing a new Lorex system I just received.
So far I have the NVR and 1 camera setup and operating fine.

I am able to view through the Lorex Home app without issue but I want to be able to view the camera(s) on my TV’s. I guess I misread the features on the site and expected this to be a lot more seamless function…

I purchased the NVR and 4 cameras directly from Lorex.
Fusion NVR - Model: N843A82
(4) Camera’s - Model: E841CA

SO - After doing some research here, I decided to give TinyCam a shot to bridge the gap.
I used the Scan tool in TinyCam and it picked up my NVR right away.
However it recognized it as Dahua, as opposed to Lorex. I didn’t think that was a problem because my understanding is Dahua is the mother company?
I have wasted a ton of time now, trying every combination of TinyCam settings I can think of and when I run the check it just keeps saying to check my username and password which I have checked 100x and even reset/changed. Still not working…

I’m at a loss…
Can anyone help me with this?
Maybe there is a better option than TinyCam?

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you add it via local IP address of NVR?(phone has to be on same local wifi lan as NVR)

tfskidoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you add it via local IP address of NVR?(phone has to be on same local wifi lan as NVR)
I’m new to this tech and not familiar with that process… Can you elaborate?

I have an iPhone so I have been trying to do the TinyCam setup on both my Nvidia Shield and my Firestik…

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure about tiny cam but most apps you have a choice to add the NVR either by scan QR code or add via IP address or by search local network for online devices

tfskidoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure about tiny cam but most apps you have a choice to add the NVR either by scan QR code or add via IP address or by search local network for online devices
@dudemaar
Can you give an example of an app you have used and liked that works by scanning the QR code on the NVR?

TinyCam allows you to scan the network, which I did and it found it right away, but the credentials are holding me up… Plus it’s recognizing my Lorex NVR as a Dahua device…

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns
Is the NVR username and password different than my account username and password?
If so, where would I find it??
Yes, but account for what?
It would be the username and password that you assigned when you first installed the NVR. And what you would need to use to view the NVR with a monitor attached.

tfskidoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, but account for what?
It would be the username and password that you assigned when you first installed the NVR. And what you would need to use to view the NVR with a monitor attached.
@looney2ns
I am referring to the username and password for my Lorex Home app.
I haven’t hooked a monitor up to my NVR yet, are the credentials different when you do that?
Maybe that is my problem…

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but....

The Lorex app that you scanned a QR code with is likely so that you can access the NVR/cams remotely via P2P (the Lorex cloud). That is likely where you set up an account with a user/pass which should have nothing to do with the NVR's login at home with user/pass UNLESS you made them the same.

Tinycam will stream video directly from the NVR so it's the NVR's LAN IP address, username and password Tinycam needs. IOW, if you open a browser on a PC that is on the same LAN and subnet as the NVR and type in the NVR's LAN IP and hit enter, it should open an embedded webGUI in the NVR which will prompt you for a user/pass....that's the same user/pass that Tinycam wants.

Last edited:

tfskidoo

n3wb
Reaction score
@dudemaar @looney2ns @TonyR
Thank you all for your help.
I was able to get this working.
Lorex made it so easy to access my cameras from my phone that I didn’t consider needing to do additional setup with a monitor connected directly to my NVR. The username and password for the NVR is indeed different from what I created in the Lorex Home app.
Once I got that straightened out, setting up TinyCam was simple!
Thanks again.