Help about Dahua XVR5108HS-X

Reaction score
Pls help, my Dahua XVR5108HS-X doesn't show Live View of my 8 CCTV Cameras. The NVR device that i added has
Online status already, But Live View of Cameras does not show up, it always display Black Screen with "Searching Video" text. I dont know if its Network problem or Video Graphics Card. I use dahua' s CCTV app "Smart PSS". What do you think?
screenshot1.PNGscreenshot2.PNG

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Is the IP address internal on the same network as the device with SmartPSS on it?

Its likely a networking problem.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Is the IP address internal on the same network as the device with SmartPSS on it?

Its likely a networking problem.
You right on I bet, Usually network or processing overload, I see a PC NVR running on that list also, If its the same computer as he is trying to view the cams on, it might be overloaded especially if that computer is not dedicated to just that task.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
See my question above. Is the NVR that hosts the cctv cameras and the machine running SmartPSS on the same subnet? If internal what are their IP addresses?

teemu81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you have the chance to connect a monitor to your XVR to check if it's showing live video directly on the monitor? If there's no live video on the monitor you can skip wasting time looking for network problems.
Unfortunately if you don't have life video via HDMI/VGA you'd probably have to make use of the warranty of the device, the only time I've seen one with such kind of problem it had to be replaced

Reaction score
Did you have the chance to connect a monitor to your XVR to check if it's showing live video directly on the monitor? If there's no live video on the monitor you can skip wasting time looking for network problems.
Unfortunately if you don't have life video via HDMI/VGA you'd probably have to make use of the warranty of the device, the only time I've seen one with such kind of problem it had to be replaced
LIVE VIDEO ON MY XVR CONNECTED TO MONITOR IS FINE.

teemu81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've managed to reproduce your problem on an XVR and the problem in my tests was related to the SUBSTREAM being disabled. Please check if it's enabled on your recorder, and if it's enabled but you think it might've been disabled before perform a factory reset to your device.

AnaHo

n3wb
Reaction score
It was resolved above.

What is your specific problem ?
Thank you for your reply. Yes I found the solution in different thread. It was disabling the Audio/Video transmission from the NVR system setup!
Thank you again :)