HELP, AFTER A MONTH, I KEEP HAVING ISSUES WITH ONE BRAND OF CAMERA

Jared

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So i have a 41 cam system, everything has worked for a month or so. Now all of a sudden i have 12 cameras dropping out every 4 hours almost exactly. At that point i cant even get to the web interface for the cameras. so i go up and physically unplug and replug the Ethernet (poe) and they work fine for 4 hours. These are cheap china stationary cameras. (i know, i know) Just seems odd to me that everything was fine up until yesterday morning at 8am. I did no updates to cause anything to change. I did update BI yesterday afternoon just to be sure but still doing the same thing. MFG told me use rstp instead of http, ok fine i did that and boom 4 hours later camera drops. the camera is still on, the IR's were on, the lan lights we on, but no connection.

Has anybody seen anything like this? Doesnt make sense that is affecting all 12 of the one brand of camera after a month of working good. It must be something stupid??

Reaction score
did you check to see if the cameras were able to be hacked? some cameras have firmware that enables them to be hacked by the manufacture or others every easily. I run avast's network scanner to do a basic check for that flaw

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This problem was already solved by, I believe, preventing the cameras from having internet access.

It does indeed seem likely that they were hacked.