HELP. brand new 2cd2t32i8 wont connect to nvr hik 7716

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So my new 2cd2t32i8 finally got here from china and when I plug it into my nvr, the IR lights come on, on the cam, but no picture comes on. The nvr doesn't even recognize the cam? Its a brand new camera, so I don't know what's happening. Any advice is appreciated!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How bizarre. I just got a 2CD2T42-i8 delivered but not plugged it in yet. Is it a Chinese version? Can you see it in SADP?

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not familiar with SADP, I have no internet conection here (mountains) , when I go to "camera setup" it dosent even see the camera like it does my 2332 cams. Its from china but it has English writing on it.....

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision 7716NI-SP/16 16 Channel POE Plug N Play Hi Def NVR Recorder (Unbranded Version)

Purchased From nellys security

I have 3- 2332 cams currently running on it and working good

#1 v5 .2.0 build 140
#2 v5 0.2 build 130
#3 v5 1.2 build 140

New camera

V5 . 3.0 _ 150327

Is that what you need?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What's the firmware of the new 2CD2T32 camera? I think I might know what's wrong. It will be on a sticker on it (and the sticker should be in English too)

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, seeing as you don't have SADP, can you ping the camera in command prompt? I'm guessing your NVR simply isn't changing it's IP address to match what it needs.

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't have any internet connection, is the ping something I can do without internet?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, but you're going to have to connect your computer to one of the NVR PoE ports and change it's IP address. Is that possible?

Thought: SADP is on the CD that came with the camera!

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I could have my wife take the cd that came with the camera and dowload stuff on a flash drive, and then we can bring flash drive home, and put it into nvr. I can get into the nvr and change the ip adress myself with no internet connection just using the mouse on the nvr. Would doing it that way work? Im lost lol

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No no, you can't run software on your NVR. SADP runs on your computer. You plug your computer into your NVR (or camera with 12v power supply) and it will find it's IP address. You can then change it.

You can't fix this unless you have all of the following i) Physical presence of the camera and NVR, ii) A Windows PC that you can connect to one of the NVR PoE ports, iii) Either SADP or the willingness to change the IP settings of your computer in order to find your camera.

1) Plug computer into NVR PoE port
2) Run SADP on computer
3) It will find camera, change IP address to 192.168.254.30
4) See if NVR can now find the camera, if not, manually add 192.168.254.30

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Delboy Thank you very much, I will try this. If anyone has anything else please chime in. I called hikvision and they sent me update software to install. They say to unplug every camera that isn't 5.3 and then download the software then reboot.

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Actually, the nvr found the camera! But its way way down on the list past the 16th channel. I actually have an option to click on now. When I do so;it says for me to enter password for the camera, but I do not have the password for the camera, the admin password is not working. Anyone know what password to try? Ive tried 12345

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fixed!!!!!!!!! I SIMPLY UPGRADED MY NVR SO EASY!!! THIS CAMERA KICKS ASS! Thank you again ip camera forums! all I did was upgrade my NVR firmware and it is now running the 5.3.0 camera all day! I have to say the infrared on this camera is amazing. I can see like a hundred and fifty feet away way at the top of my driveway no problem and the 16mm lens is so awesome! Ordered from China but everything works so good and no language problem!