Help buying a new pan tilt camera ?

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't think this would be that hard but i'm dying from information overload, I've been looking for over three days and I'm more knowledgable but I still can't really find what I'm looking for

I was after a
outdoor
motorized pan and tilt
night vision
built in IR
ONVIF
POE
Compatible with QNAP SS

It doesn't seem like alot to ask for but finding anything under £150 ( $200 170 Euro ) hasn't been possible.

I quite liked the look of the Dahau SD22204T-GN but it doesn't have IR built in and also I liked the Dahau SD29204T as that does have IR but that isn't an outdoor cam.

But I'm starting to thing Dahau just doesn't sell what i'm after so can anyone recommend a good Hikvision camera ?

Many thanks

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You are not going to find a PTZ camera for less than $200 from Dahua or Hik. You can find something like Huisun which if you research this forum is not reliable. You get what you pay for.

If you want a camera to play with, buy junk. If you want a security camera, buy something like Dahua or Hik or the numerous brands they OEM.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't think this would be that hard but i'm dying from information overload, I've been looking for over three days and I'm more knowledgable but I still can't really find what I'm looking for

I was after a
outdoor
motorized pan and tilt
night vision
built in IR
ONVIF
POE
Compatible with QNAP SS

It doesn't seem like alot to ask for but finding anything under £150 ( $200 170 Euro ) hasn't been possible.

I quite liked the look of the Dahau SD22204T-GN but it doesn't have IR built in and also I liked the Dahau SD29204T as that does have IR but that isn't an outdoor cam.

But I'm starting to thing Dahau just doesn't sell what i'm after so can anyone recommend a good Hikvision camera ?

Many thanks
dahua has a mini dome with IR...there is a thread on it.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the 22204TNI version and let me tell you, with any exterior lighting you don't need ir with this camera. If the area it's going to be covering is pitch black, add some white light to it and its golden.

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve found this one, it doesnt have built in IR but i can easily get an IR floodlight instead.
How far out are you recording?

This is the mini-dome with IR that @fenderman was talking about. I have it for my front porch and really like it:
https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/productDetail/19711

Aliexpress.com : Buy SD1A203T GN 2MP 3x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera SD1A203T GN, Free DHL shipping from Reliable network camera suppliers on Empire Technology Co., Ltd

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have this camera as well. It is my first outdoor IP camera and I am running Blue Iris on it. It is working pretty well for my needs: overlooks the driveway. My cameras before were Y-Cams I used as baby monitors 8 years ago.