Help - Cannot setup remotely

jreink01

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having trouble with setting up remotely. I watched a you tube video on how to set this up and I have the internal ip address with the port number. I also have the external address with the port number. I have also taken the internal ip address with port number and set up port forwarding on my router successfully. On my local network when I put the internal ip address in a web browser with the port number the web page is blank and this is what its saying
http://192.168.1.???:????/login.htm?page=/. I have changed the numbers with question marks so that its private. What am I doing wrong. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Update- I didn't relly do anything but somehow I now have access remotely, both in and out of network. On another issue, I have setup profile 2 as being motion detection and I have changed the settings, enabled, etc and click save but when I go back in to the camera settings, it defaults back to profile 1. I have even went into the global settings and changed to motion detection profile and saved but each time I go back into settings, whether it be global or not, it defaults back to profile 1, please help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@jreink01 Welcome to the forum! The profile listed in the dropdown menu is not the profile the camera is on..there dropdown simply allows you to set different settings for each profile..the current active profile is listed on the top right of the blue iris screen.