Help connect ip caméra wan /RESOLVE

lelbox

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Mr and Lady
I have a Chinese camera
I can do a lot of things with in local networks but not in Internet
I can not connect to this camera by all possible means.
All are failed

juste icsee work and ip cam View

i have try all solution
Tank you help

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Rebonjour!
It's better to post in English for worldwide support :)

So first of all, opening ports (eg local port foward) is so 1990 (even for France standards), so please turn those off immediately. You will not harm yourself and expose your network, you'll create a honeypot for hackers to deploy bots and other crap to annoy others as well;

What to do then? Deploy a VPN server in your network (might be doable on your router (eg Asus/netgear) or you drop a raspberry pi in your network, or ... ).

In any case, this protects your network, only your mobile device will be able to "hop in" into your network, and all your "unprotected" ports remain closed.

Bonne journée!
CC

lelbox

n3wb
Reaction score
I dont understand for Opening Port ? what are you say ?
For Vpn Yes is solution but with APP is possible to connect , How to ? IS possible i sure
Is for pics ! i have scrib, and change cfg !

Last edited:

lelbox

n3wb
Reaction score
I would just like to understand how the native app and IpCamviweter do to retrieve the stream from internet wan!

:(

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Let's go in a conversation, because your Engrish is a bit difficult to understand :p

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I would just like to understand how the native app and IpCamviweter do to retrieve the stream from internet wan!

:(
Because it's either based on a P2P protocol (hence a private "lan" between your device and some obscure cloud service), either it has opened some ports in your router (eg through UPNP). In the latter, I would throw out the camera immediately.

lelbox

n3wb
Reaction score
is WORK on 554 but in my cfg camera is another to open.

Is work now but i m go VPN i more sure :)