Help > Dahua SD6CE245U-HNI PTZ install

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Dahua SD6CE245U-HNI PTZ is a big hunk of metal, and I plan on hanging it on the side of my house to test it for a few months and to learn how it functions. I’ll be powering this camera with POE+ over cat5e.

The pigtail that comes off the camera is BIG, but I won’t be able to pass it through the outside wall of my house, so I’m going to have to place it inside a box. But I was wondering if it’s feasible to seal the pigtail inside the (very) large cavity inside the PFB305W mounting arm (which then attaches to the PFA151 corner mounting bracket)?

Over the years I’ve fried a few cameras because I got lazy waterproofing the pigtail...but this camera is too expensive to fry.

Please tell me your opinion.

75710B9B-F804-41BE-8958-A69FEBDB4600.jpeg

B876F2D1-E9D6-4911-AF2A-BA8F49C8257E.jpeg

9007116F-9EA1-4401-9C8F-BD8476200ACD.jpeg

Last edited:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
smiley4.gif Bro. IT'S NOT A LUNCH BOX. It's a Plano DRY BOX that holds 2 power supplies and an 8-port switch, and it hasn't failed me since I installed it. Really. But thanks for reminding everyone! smiley4.gif

tt.jpg

GG1470-00_1 Plano all purpose utility dry box.jpg

Reaction score
View attachment 33175 Bro. IT'S NOT A LUNCH BOX. It's a Plano DRY BOX that holds 2 power supplies and an 8-port switch, and it hasn't failed me since I installed it. Really. But thanks for reminding everyone! View attachment 33175

View attachment 33176

View attachment 33178
Why do you mount all that in an outside environment? I would use a PFA120 between the arm and corner bracket. Then, only run the CAT5/6 POE+ cabling to the connector, and stuff it inside the PFA120.

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Duct Seal

Is your friend. Although I advocate also using a box for $. But all my wires going into boxes get duct seal. Because rubber wears out...duct seal doesn't.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...I would use a PFA120 between the arm and corner bracket...
...I advocate also using a box...
@weigle2 and @jrf: this were my exact thoughts when I wrote "...I’m going to have to place it inside a box...".

However, the more I examine the large cavity inside the PFB305S mounting arm the more I believe that placing the pigtail inside the PFB305W arm's cavity may be a simpler alternative with less connections; therefore less change of failure.

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip bro. I use Coax Seal, but I just ordered some Duct Seal to try it out.
Can also be purchased in a brick at your local box stores (Lowes and Home Depot) rather cheaply. Very similar to coax seal but cheaper and in a brick.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...Very similar to coax seal but cheaper and in a brick...
Hey thanks again @jrf!

When I squirrel the pigtail away in the PFB305W mounting arm crevice I'll encase all of the pigtail wires and connectors in Coax Seal. I'll then use the Duct Seal to create a moisture-proof barrier on the PFA151 corner mounting bracket (see the area highlighted in red below). The PFB305W mounting arm has a hole in the bottom of the arm which is plugged by the PFB305W gasket (see the area highlighted in yellow below). I'll use this hole as an entry-way for the cat5e cable and it will also serve as a drip-hole. Because of the angle of the PFB305W mounting arm, any moisture which does get into the cavity will flow to this point and out the drip-hole.

high.jpg

high2.jpg