Help decide which Starlight or Darkfighter...

Discussion in 'IP Cameras' started by SvnTwoo, May 17, 2019 at 11:06 PM.

Share This Page

?

Starlight or Darkfighter

1. Starlight

100.0%
  2. Darkfighter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SvnTwoo

SvnTwoo n3wb

Looking for some guidance to add another camera to replace the following Dahua 4k N84CL52 on my garage, it has great day image but terrible night image.

Should I stay with Dahua and pick up a Starlight or would a Hikvision Darkfighter work with my Dahua POE NVR?

Attached Files:

mat200 likes this.
  2. mat200

mat200 IPCT Contributor

Hi @SvnTwoo

I would not replace it, I would add another Dahua OEM international camera ( 2MP starlight ) LOWER and to the other side of the garage door.

Remember to test the placement of the cameras with a friend wearing a baseball cap and hoodie attempting to break into your cars.

If you can not get a good facial image, then you'll need to adjust the camera placement.

SouthernYankee and aristobrat like this.
  3. SvnTwoo

SvnTwoo n3wb

Good point, I should not say replace, I will be adding another camera. I have a lower soffit on the opposite side of the garage that is at about 9 feet high where I would mount it.

4. aristobrat

aristobrat IPCT Contributor

The basic features of a Hikvision camera should work with your Dahua NVR, but not their advanced motion detection (Smart Events), which is like IVS on Dahua cameras.

IMO, Hik makes good cameras but I prefer Dahua because they’re easier to source (through the forum vendor Andy, @EMPIRETECANDY, who can also get international models that aren’t sold in North America for whatever reason). That, and Dahua models seem more likely to come with a mic built-in vs Hik.

5. mat200

mat200 IPCT Contributor

Hi @SvnTwoo

9 feet is still a bit too high, try to get it into the 6-8 foot range to get better angles on suspects faces - especially if they are closer to the camera

SouthernYankee likes this.
  6. SvnTwoo

SvnTwoo n3wb

I can get it a little lower.

What is the difference between a IPC-HFW4239T-ASE and IPC-HFW4239TN-ASE if anyone knows?

7. mat200

mat200 IPCT Contributor

Hmm.. good question.. here's the associated data sheets..

References

USA/IPCamera/Pro/DH-IPC HFW4239TN ASE - Dahua Wiki
    which has a link that eventually gets you this data sheet
    https://dahuawiki.com/index.php?act...a_DH-IPC-HFW4239TN-ASE_Datasheet_v001_007.pdf

and

https://www.dahuasecurity.com/asset...8/DH-IPC-HFW4239T-ASE_Datasheet_201811281.pdf

8. SvnTwoo

SvnTwoo n3wb

Reading it over I cannot find any difference... Only thing is the TN model says Night Color... otherwise, stats are the same... But I thought the "T" model also is night color. I suppose the other difference is the "T" is Eco Series and the "TN" is Pro series. Still not sure what the difference is.