Help / Guidance with Hikvision Alarm Out

gamer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Guys can someone point me in the right direction on setting up a audible warning. Last fall I was able to install a light sensor at my drive entrance that is wired into my alarm input. This has been great to reduce the number of false line crossings I had previously used. Well this past weekend we had a car door checker come onto our property and the guy tripped the sensor and I was sent the snapshot, but it was 4:30am and I had my phone on silent. I am wanting to install some type of door chime that can be placed inside my house that is triggered by the alarm output of the camera. I just have questions so that I don't mess up the camera or waste a ton of time. If someone has set this up and has directions it would be greatly appreciated.

Some of my questions:
Is a relay required?
Is the output signal just a closing of a circuit? Common to ground

Here's the driveway sensor I attached to the alarm input of the camera. Works great.

Bad Guy

Sensor & Bad Guy.jpg

Here's a sample wiring I have found. Not sure if it's what I need or not? If it is, where do I connect the 12v door chime?

12v relay.png

Attachments

Reaction score
You would connect it to the Normally Open(NO) and the Common. When the Camera output triggers it will switch the relay and cause the contact to close completing the circuit for the NO and opening the circuit for the NC.

To answer your other question, yes this is exactly what you need.

gamer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks sneakcyber. I ordered the chime and relay from amazon, so hopefully the install goes smooth.

JTS

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Gamer4life,

Did you manage to have your door chime working with this setup?
I want to do the same but to use an additional infra red light that should only connect if an alarm is triggered avoiding to have additional consumption of the 400mA all night long.

Sneakycyber, based on the circuit above the alarm output of the Hikvision seems like to be working as a dry contact for the ground wire. Would it be possible to have a simple relay without trigger (12v / 12ma) and connected in the same way? I can send you a circuit diagram if you want. This is the relay that I’m thinking to use and with the power adapter of the câmara:

https://omronfs.omron.com/en_US/ecb/products/pdf/en-g5v_1.pdf

Thanks to both.

gamer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Gamer4life,

Did you manage to have your door chime working with this setup?
I want to do the same but to use an additional infra red light that should only connect if an alarm is triggered avoiding to have additional consumption of the 400mA all night long.

Sneakycyber, based on the circuit above the alarm output of the Hikvision seems like to be working as a dry contact for the ground wire. Would it be possible to have a simple relay without trigger (12v / 12ma) and connected in the same way? I can send you a circuit diagram if you want. This is the relay that I’m thinking to use and with the power adapter of the câmara:

https://omronfs.omron.com/en_US/ecb/products/pdf/en-g5v_1.pdf

Thanks to both.

Hey JTS I never was able to get a door chime to work with my Hikvision IP camera alarm output. The infrared photo beam works great for alarm input and email notification afterwards, but I'm sure that I am missing something on the door chime. Lost patience in trying.....

Reactions: JTS

JTS

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey JTS I never was able to get a door chime to work with my Hikvision IP camera alarm output. The infrared photo beam works great for alarm input and email notification afterwards, but I'm sure that I am missing something on the door chime. Lost patience in trying.....
By the end of July I will test this and let you know, I’m confident and if it works will share the detail here.
For the Alarm input, I have that in other cameras triggered by the Visonic Alarm Internal Sirene output and using a relay in between.

Last edited: