Help in locating SmartPSS D/L

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
All

New here and just picked up a Lorex system with the NR908x NVR. Was looking to access the cams etc using smartpss but on a Mac. Can anyone point me to the current link for this download and also advise on whether to use this or another piece of SW for accessing these via a mac ?

Thanks so much

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Not sure if this will help you but....

Please read the cliff notes and other items in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

I would do a major retink about accessing you network remotely. Please read about setting up a VPN. Network security is a major concern.

I am not a MAC user... so no help there.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks so much @SouthernYankee. Yes would prefer to limit access to local LAN only which I can do with firewall or like you said, if I take it wider then VPN but ideally want to stay local. My biggest problem seems to be finding Mac SW I can use to access the NVR, Lorex has not updated web based plugins for local view in a long while it seems. Don't want to cloud host this as I'm sure all can appreciate. My only other thought is to pair the cams to a NAS device but TBH would prefer to use the NR908 if I can find a way to access from the Mac. Thanks again, will review the notes and wiki. If other Mac users are out there, please do weigh in as well.

Quick update, I noticed the Cliff Notes mention the D/L location of http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/download_2.html but that is now invalid it seems. Anyone have an updated link ?

Thanks

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most browsers do not support web based plugins any more. The camera and the browser manufactures are on very different pages.

But if you can try Microsoft Internet explorer. Or download PALEMOON 32 bit. I do not know if PALEMOON runs on MAC. There are other post on the access to the cameras and plug ins on MAC . I use google search with the first item in the search being IPCAMTALK.COM