Help! Ip camera address

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When setting up my cameras and nvr today i have set up my cameras with the ip address of 192.168.1.100 range.

When i plug cameras into the dahua nvr it changes the ips to a 10.1.1.65 ip.
Now i cant access the cameras on the 10.1.1.65 range.

I have even set my computer to that range as well. Still nothing.

Im trying to log into the camera to get the ivs settings.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My only thought was if the subnet mask was different, but it is the same for both the IP address ranges listed. I assume it is a PoE NVR? I thought the Dahua NVR's used a different IP range, but that must be incorrect. Hope you solve it.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Take a look here. NVR/Basic Setup/Set IP Address - Dahua Wiki

When setting up my cameras and nvr today i have set up my cameras with the ip address of 192.168.1.100 range.

When i plug cameras into the dahua nvr it changes the ips to a 10.1.1.65 ip.
Now i cant access the cameras on the 10.1.1.65 range.

I have even set my computer to that range as well. Still nothing.

Im trying to log into the camera to get the ivs settings.

Thanks!

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well i did it this way as wel. But i also have a area in my nvr thats labeled switch.
This is were the 10.1.1 ip range is coming from. But i cant change it to the 192.168.1 range i want. It gives a error.

I dont care that the ip addresses are different i nust need to be able to log into the cameras and setup the ivs.
But i cant the way it is.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ive even used the dahua config tool. But it wont find the cameras on the poe nvr switch

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks to Andy and Peter. The poe swith on the rear of the nvr is a seperate switch. In order to be able to get to it you have to wire your network into the switch. Then out of the switch into the main lan port. Then you can change your computer ip when you want to log into the cameras.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks to Andy and Peter. The poe swith on the rear of the nvr is a seperate switch. In order to be able to get to it you have to wire your network into the switch. Then out of the switch into the main lan port. Then you can change your computer ip when you want to log into the cameras.

Peter is not on this forum, he is in Australia and a very experienced installer for dahua and Hik and other IT works.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wasnt sure if he was or not.
But wanted to update this incase someone else ran across it

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I would like to clarify what you said:

1) Connect an Ethernet cable from your LAN to any one of the PoE ports on the Dahua PoE NVR.

2) Connect an Ethernet cable from any one of the PoE ports on the Dahua PoE NVR to the LAN port on the Dahua NVR.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The way to access the cam behind the poe switch depends on the firmware and nvr. Dahua has some versions, where it´s impossible to access the cams behind the switch. They are isolated at each port for security reason. But on newer NVR´s it´s possible again.

Have a look in your Web IF:
upload_2017-9-20_20-14-15.png

You need to click on Web Browse, then you will be redirected to the cam. This is functioning on POE NVR´s and only NVR´s.

An POE Example:
upload_2017-9-20_20-17-1.png

And for some NVR´s also a way through Smart PSS 2.01.0 is possible, but only for P2P enabled devices and with NVR WebIF and not for the connected cams from NVR. Here is it called "Link to Web" in the Device CFG.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The way to access the cam behind the poe switch depends on the firmware and nvr. Dahua has some versions, where it´s impossible to access the cams behind the switch. They are isolated at each port for security reason. But on newer NVR´s it´s possible again.

Have a look in your Web IF:
View attachment 21942

You need to click on Web Browse, then you will be redirected to the cam. This is functioning on POE NVR´s and only NVR´s.

An POE Example:
View attachment 21943

And for some NVR´s also a way through Smart PSS 2.01.0 is possible, but only for P2P enabled devices and with NVR WebIF and not for the connected cams from NVR. Here is it called "Link to Web" in the Device CFG.
Yes!
This way allowed me to do that.! I was using chrome and the links didnt work. I switched over to internet explorer and the link opened up and let me get to my cams that way!!

Now ive got to figure out how to get the autotracking to work better!

Any help on that?

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
autotracking is a difficult thing. And often not good working. There are so many things to know about it, you need to read here to your specific model and of course have a look on the firmware. Maybe an upgrade is available.

In general speaking, with an NVR I like to use an overview cam and let the ivr rules trigger an ptz command to the PTZ cam. If the tracking follows an object, you won´t see what´s going on around. Therefore you need an overview cam.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
autotracking is a difficult thing. And often not good working. There are so many things to know about it, you need to read here to your specific model and of course have a look on the firmware. Maybe an upgrade is available.

In general speaking, with an NVR I like to use an overview cam and let the ivr rules trigger an ptz command to the PTZ cam. If the tracking follows an object, you won´t see what´s going on around. Therefore you need an overview cam.
Ive setup preset areas and set that to tour but it wont autotrack when it tours.

Is that normal?

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For sending an ptz command from an other cam event you must have an NVR, he controls this feature. This works with every ptz cam.
For auto tracking I can't help.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For sending an ptz command from an other cam event you must have an NVR, he controls this feature. This works with every ptz cam.
For auto tracking I can't help.
Yes i have the 64 channel nvr from andy.

When i set another cam to trigger the ptz it doesnt work.

Do u have a screenshot of how its suppose to look or how to set it up?

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I made a small video for you

It´s really simple :D
Thanks for the video!

But it must be too simple cause when i do it like that it wont move the ptz. But im not sure why?

Also when i setup alerts on idmss under ivs i also get no alerts on my phone either :(

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you add the ptz profile in the ptz cam? Of course there must be a ptz tour or trip point with the same number.