Help me choose between these two cameras..

hrgiger

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
can I ask peoples opinion on the following two cameras and which they would choose,
thanks

Hikvision DS-2CD2385G1-I

or

Hikvision DS-2CD2385FWD

opinions would be great please, thanks in advance.
si

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what are you going to use it for ?
if it is outside in a low light situation, i would not use either camera.
low light use Dahua starlight cameras or Hikvision darkfighter cameras or ICPT Night eye cameras (Store | IP Cam Talk)
More megapixel is not necessarily better.

if you must then the DS-2CD2385G1-I image sensor 1/2.0 is better than the DS-2CD2385FWD-I image sensor 1/2.5

Last edited:

hrgiger

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks SouthernYankee, thanks for your reply
I thought the Hikvision DS-2CD2385G1-I was a darkfighter camera ?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
note change , i got the cameras reversed.
select DS-2CD2385G1-I image sensor 1/2.0

There are no darkfighter over 4 mp to my knowledge. The hikvision specs for the DS-2CD2385G1-I camera do not mention darkfighter.

hrgiger

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks,
so would a 4mp darkfighter like DS-2CD2345FWD-I be a better camera than either of the other mentioned ones on first post ?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thanks,
so would a 4mp darkfighter like DS-2CD2345FWD-I be a better camera than either of the other mentioned ones on first post ?
Hi @hrgiger

Better? We need to know what you are attempting to optimize to determine better.

If low light capability is important, then the darkfighter models should do better over higher resolution models.

Of course the best way is to actually get a camera or 2 and test them for your situation and see which performs to your needs.

note - the specs on the DS-2CD2385G1-I are nice, so that seems like good one to look closer at if you need higher resolution during the day.

hrgiger

n3wb
Reaction score
hi mat200,
thanks for that.
basically looking for an all round sort of thing but we do have low light at night where we live, and only a few street lights, with nothing directly outside the house.
yeah im guessing its prob best to buy one of each and see which performs better in each position.

thanks for the input, much appreciated.
si