Help Me Decide On PTZ Camera

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
So I am trying to decide which one to go with for a PTZ camera..

I want a great day time footage and also a great night time footage I know higher the pixel and the more complex it gets to grab some night specially for me since I am on dark street.

I do not want like a blurry image So I am either thinking to go with..

SD8A840WA-HNF or 6AL245UNI (Laser IR)

https://www.dahuasecurity.com/asset/upload/uploads/soft/20190528/DH-SD8A840WA-HNF.pdf

https://us.dahuasecurity.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Datasheet_2MP_45x_Laser_PTZ_Network_Camera_6AL245UNI_v001_003.pdf

Seems like SD8A is newer .. and 6AL245UNI is a bit older model then the 8A.. Anyhow that is not a big deal But I just want a heck of a quality and want to pick up facial details.. on people moving around at night and also at day off course. and some moving cars.. I Do have dedicated LPR but I just need also a possible overview .. Even though I have overview camera setup I just want this image to be sharp..

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Thank you bigred fish.. I was looking at the lux rating so on SD8A it seems much better Or sounds better.

It seems like SD8A840WA-HNF has upload_2019-8-19_5-53-10.png

While 6AL245UNI (Laser IR) has upload_2019-8-19_5-53-45.png

With that said You think SD8A being a 8mp will still have good results at night ? I do have some low (Or I should say almost NO) lights on my street unfortunately .. Even if the car are blurry at night that wont be much issue but I want the people moving around to be clear at night..

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
hi thank you looney. i do have the sd6ce245u that camera sure performs really really good at both day and night. do you think it be similar for sd8a or even better ?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree with you I am very happy with the SD6CE245U-HNI I have which is a 2MP. I have also heard the 2mp perform way better at night. The lux rating on the SD6CE245U-HNI is
Color: 0.005Lux F1.6; 0Lux F1.6 (IR on)

Now speaking of lux rating the New 8MP SD8A840WA-HNF

Show the Color: 0.002Lux@F1.4; B/W: 0.0002Lux@F1.4;

0Lux@F1.4 (IR on)

Which is better on paper than the SD6CE245U-HNI for color

Now with that said it is still a 8MP sensor. but since it is higher MP is it gonna struggle at night (Likely) ?. Or will it still be better for both scenario or if not better at-least decent enough where I wont notice much it has 0 lux rating with IR on as well at f1.4..

That is where I am stuck on my decision whether to choose THE 6CE or The SD8A or the One with the laser but 2mp 6AL245UNI (Laser IR)..

Reaction score
Hi Thank you bigred fish.. I was looking at the lux rating so on SD8A it seems much better Or sounds better.

It seems like SD8A840WA-HNF has View attachment 46153

While 6AL245UNI (Laser IR) has View attachment 46154

With that said You think SD8A being a 8mp will still have good results at night ? I do have some low (Or I should say almost NO) lights on my street unfortunately .. Even if the car are blurry at night that wont be much issue but I want the people moving around to be clear at night..

Reaction score
Hi there I have a 6al245uni and at nite now it’s Pixelated how do I fix that I’ve had to Camera about a year and a half and I just started doing that a week ago I didn’t make any changes just happen on its own what can I do to fix this it looks terrible at night ?

Reaction score
I agree with you I am very happy with the SD6CE245U-HNI I have which is a 2MP. I have also heard the 2mp perform way better at night. The lux rating on the SD6CE245U-HNI is
Color: 0.005Lux F1.6; 0Lux F1.6 (IR on)

Now speaking of lux rating the New 8MP SD8A840WA-HNF

Show the Color: 0.002Lux@F1.4; B/W: 0.0002Lux@F1.4;

0Lux@F1.4 (IR on) I have the 6al245uni and I’m having pixelation at night time if you had that problem before I don’t know how to fix it I tried factory resetting it and I didn’t do nothing

Which is better on paper than the SD6CE245U-HNI for color

Now with that said it is still a 8MP sensor. but since it is higher MP is it gonna struggle at night (Likely) ?. Or will it still be better for both scenario or if not better at-least decent enough where I wont notice much it has 0 lux rating with IR on as well at f1.4..

That is where I am stuck on my decision whether to choose THE 6CE or The SD8A or the One with the laser but 2mp 6AL245UNI (Laser IR)..

Reaction score
So I am trying to decide which one to go with for a PTZ camera..

I want a great day time footage and also a great night time footage I know higher the pixel and the more complex it gets to grab some night specially for me since I am on dark street.

I do not want like a blurry image So I am either thinking to go with..

SD8A840WA-HNF or 6AL245UNI (Laser IR)

Seems like SD8A is newer .. and 6AL245UNI is a bit older model then the 8A.. Anyhow that is not a big deal But I just want a heck of a quality and want to pick up facial details.. on people moving around at night and also at day off course. and some moving cars.. I Do have dedicated LPR but I just need also a possible overview .. Even though I have overview camera setup I just want this image to be sharp..