Help! Need a good 4 cam POE for home

srryan11

n3wb
Reaction score
Need Poe 4 cam home system with (fast mobile android app streaming, no choppy image app crashing junk).

2 outside cams, 2 indoor cams. Fixed positions.
No ptz, wide angle ok

Suggestions please.
Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I hesitated 24 hours to offer you some suggestions because I use a PC-based NVR (Blue Iris) and do not have any of the 2 Dahua cams or the NVR I mention here. But based on the previous and overwhelming forum member recommendations I submit this to you. Perhaps other forum members more familiar with these cams and this NVR can comment and also offer some pointers as well. I also don't use either of the Dahua apps for Android, as I use the BI app on an iPhone.

All the following can be had for under $1,000, well within your mentioned budget. Contact Andy of Empire Technology who markets from Aliexpress to purchase. "Andy" is a trusted vendor that comes highly recommended by many forum members here. Below is contact info from his username signature:

Andy of Empire Technology
IPCamTalk Username: empiretecandy ( @EMPIRETECANDY )
E-mail: kingsecurity2014@163.com

Below are my suggestions.

====================

2 OUTDOOR CAMS:

Dahua 2MP / 1080p, POE Turret cam with varifocal, Starlight, #IPC-HDW5231R-Z, $170 x 2 = $340
Info ==>> here.
Purchase ==>> here.

2 INDOOR CAMS:

Dahua 2MP / 1080p, POE Dome cam with 3.6mm fixed lens (2.8mm, 6mm optional), Starlight, #IPC-HDBW4231F-AS, $120 X 2 = $240
Info ==>> here.
Purchase ==>> here.

NVR

Dahua NVR #NVR4208-8P-4KS2, 1 x $258
8 channel POE
Info ==>> here.
Purchase ==>> here.

Western Digital #WD40PURZ hard drive, 1 x $120
WD Purple 4TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive
Purchase ==>> here.

Android app: gDMSS Lite or Easy4ip
Info ==>> here.

-- or --

Android app: Easy4ip
Info ==>> here.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

srryan11

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much for that info. I will definitely look into that.

I've actually done several thousand $ of purchases off Alibaba with no problems so far although sourcing can take some time.
I'll be attending the canton fair in China this spring in there first phase as well.