Help need in deleting the IP Camera's on a Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P

Rudki

n3wb
Reaction score
HI

I recently purchased a secondhand Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P online and seller is unable to share the password for IP cameras that were previously installed on the machine. I have tried factory resetting the machine and been unsuccessful.

I desperately need some help in deleting those cameras from the Camera Management settings within the Hikvision.

Can someone help me.

Many thanks.

1588620272500.png

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You will not be able to delete the camera. D1-D8 is actually the physical ports of the unit's POE port. You can click on the edit button and change it back to "plug and play". That way it will automatically set an IP address to the cameras plugged into the internal POE and use the password of the NVR for the recorder. You should be able to go under configuration, select maintenance and then default the unit to factory settings. Make sure you are logged in as "admin" or it won't let you default it.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Remember to factory reset /default the cameras as well.

Rudki

n3wb
Reaction score
You will not be able to delete the camera. D1-D8 is actually the physical ports of the unit's POE port. You can click on the edit button and change it back to "plug and play". That way it will automatically set an IP address to the cameras plugged into the internal POE and use the password of the NVR for the recorder. You should be able to go under configuration, select maintenance and then default the unit to factory settings. Make sure you are logged in as "admin" or it won't let you default it.
Many thanks for sharing this with me. I’ll try it out later today and I’ll keep you posted on it’s developments.

Rudki

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks for sharing this with me. I’ll try it out later today and I’ll keep you posted on it’s developments.

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IF you are planning to install some cameras you must factory reset them before plugging them into PoE ports of NVR.
If you don't do that cameras won't take adress and pass from NVR.

In that case you need to change from plug&play to manual and insert ip adress, user and password info.