Help needed with EzViz DB1 attaching to my chime

lingsim

n3wb
Reaction score
I have just bought an EZViz DB1 doorbell and wanted to connect to my internal chime and power. I have a Friedland Type 1 NOM-ANCE chime as attached but dont know how to wire up, I looked at the instructions in the DB1 book but it seems to refer to removing wires in chime attached to front and trans but as you can see by picture I have terminals T3 and OF with a brown wire and then a terminal 1 which has two blue wires - anyone got any clue what I undo and attach to the power block within the BD1 Box, and of course does what does the black and white wire connect to? also one last question for clarity I see in the DB1 box it has a fuse, I assume as I am connecting this to chime its not needed, would be nice for that confirmation.

Attachments

lingsim

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, yes I thought that to and the link you attached was one I also found so I removed the wire to 0/F and the blue (nuetral) wire that came together with that brown wire from the other terminal (i.e. both top one's from my picture) and wired in the little box that comes with EzViz doorbell (assuming black wire connected with brown and white with blue), I turned on the power again and the doorbell lit up blue outside - when you press the doorbell outside the bell it'selfs rings outside but for some reason the chime inside doesnt work - any clue's what I have done wrong or anything I can change?

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you have a Multimeter to measure voltage/amps, check the voltage on your transformer, sounds like the transformer may not be powerful enough, either in voltage or amps. I assume you have the powerkit connected also.

lingsim

n3wb
Reaction score
I just gave it a go and wired it in as if it was the doorbell so top two but to be honest it was then making a noise as if current was running through it, although the doorbell got power OK. Then I read the manual again and it was saying remove Trans and Front cables so with you saying T3 was going to transistor (Trans maybe?) and F1 was the front door I disconnect both brown wires and wired it in there, it got power and connected to wifi just like it did before but this time the buzzing went so assume thats right - went through the process of setup, added the chime ring in the app (it doesnt tell you its the app stopping the ring on chime so one to be aware of as I kept messing with cables before completing setup and was actually just giving up and thought get it working as video first and leave till weekend) and hey presto, all works! Thanks for helping

mamurta

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Lingsim, is you db1 still working fine after all these months?
Can you be more clear on the solution you found? I don't have the same chime but it's a similar one and I can't get it work with db1. It either doesn't ring on the chime at all or it's constantly ringing even if I don't press the doorbell button.