Help one camera stopped working

Reaction score
hi guys,

So i have 7 DS-2CD3345-I cameras. Bought from Ali express, so it’s the chines models. Suddenly one of them stopped working.

So i logged into the web GUI and under camera management, it says (offline - user password error)

So i unplugged the camera and connected to my pc and loaded up SADP and I see the camera there, so i tried to change the ip of the camera and enter my password, it says “device rejected”

No matter what i try to do, it just keeps saying device rejected.

Also, i then plugged the camera back in the NVR, it still doesn’t work BUT one of my other camera stops working because under camera management, it says “user is locked”. However, after 30 min, that camera works fine once it gets unlocked. It’s very weird. Everytiome i plug in the camera with the password error, one of my camera gets locked out.. then works eventually after 30 min..

But anyways, my main issue is how can i fix the camera that has the password erro? I can’t do anything because i get “device rejected”

Can i load the firmware again? Is there no way to COMPLETELY restore and reset it?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So i logged into the web GUI and under camera management, it says (offline - user password error)
What version of firmware is on the camera?

A long shot - considering the camera is connected to an NVR PoE port - with the PC IP address set to one in the range of the NVR PoE ports (say 192.168.254.100) and the PC plugged in to an unused NVR PoE port - try accessing the camera web GUI directly with the password that should work for the camera.
If that does not work, try 1111aaaa and asdf1234 for the password.

If none of those work, and if the camera firmware is older than 5.4.5, use this URL in the browser, zip up the resulting file and attach here, I will decrypt and decode it to extract the actual password.
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hi guys,

So i have 7 DS-2CD3345-I cameras. Bought from Ali express, so it’s the chines models. Suddenly one of them stopped working.

So i unplugged the camera and connected to my pc and loaded up SADP and I see the camera there, so i tried to change the ip of the camera and enter my password, it says “device rejected”

No matter what i try to do, it just keeps saying device rejected.

Also, i then plugged the camera back in the NVR, it still doesn’t work BUT one of my other camera stops working because under camera management, it says “user is locked”. However, after 30 min, that camera works fine once it gets unlocked. It’s very weird. Everytiome i plug in the camera with the password error, one of my camera gets locked out.. then works eventually after 30 min..

But anyways, my main issue is how can i fix the camera that has the password erro? I can’t do anything because i get “device rejected”

Can i load the firmware again? Is there no way to COMPLETELY restore and reset it?
Welcome @Nafizur Sarai

Did the camera's original firmware have English on it? Or was it hacked to English on the GUI? If hacked to English and you do a factory reset you should have a Chinese Language camera.

Reaction score

A long shot - considering the camera is connected to an NVR PoE port - with the PC IP address set to one in the range of the NVR PoE ports (say 192.168.254.100) and the PC plugged in to an unused NVR PoE port - try accessing the camera web GUI directly with the password that should work for the camera.

If none of those work, and if the camera firmware is older than 5.4.5, use this URL in the browser, zip up the resulting file and attach here, I will decrypt and decode it to extract the actual password.
Welcome @Nafizur Sarai

Did the camera's original firmware have English on it? Or was it hacked to English on the GUI? If hacked to English and you do a factory reset you should have a Chinese Language camera.
so the cameras came in chinese and they hacked it into english when they shipped it. I know this because the camera box was in chinese. So these are hacked in english.

the firmware version is 5.4.20Build 160726
capture 1.PNG
i basically plugged the camera into my swtich then tried to access the login page but it's not working. I didn't plug the computer to the empty NVP slot because all my cameras show up and i don't wanna ocmplicate things.

Now, i'm not sure if i'm doing this right. the ip shows 192.168.254.6.. i go to my pc's adapter setting and change the ip to 192.168.254.100 subnet 255.255.255.0 and default gateway to 192.168.1.1.. is that right? what do i type in the web browser to access the camera? 192.168.254.6? nothing is loading.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Now, i'm not sure if i'm doing this right. the ip shows 192.168.254.6.. i go to my pc's adapter setting and change the ip to 192.168.254.100 subnet 255.255.255.0 and default gateway to 192.168.1.1.. is that right?
That seems right, except the default gateway value would not work - but should not be needed, so shouldn't matter.

To confirm your PC IP settings are correct, try pinging the camera.
At a command prompt :

ping 192.168.254.6
If that does not work - confirm the PC IP address by -
ping 192.168.254.100
ipconfig /all

Reaction score

okay, so i tried the password you suggested, but it didn't work. I also tried my own admin user and password that i thought it was, but it didn't work. The firmware is 5.4.20, but i was still able to pull the configuration file from the browser. It is attached. Please see if you can pull the password.

That seems right, except the default gateway value would not work - but should not be needed, so shouldn't matter.

To confirm your PC IP settings are correct, try pinging the camera.
At a command prompt :

ping 192.168.254.6
If that does not work - confirm the PC IP address by -
ping 192.168.254.100
ipconfig /all
so i was able to connect to the camera, and get to the actual log in page. however, i had no sucess logging in as all the passwords are incorrect.

Is there anything else i can do at this point?

Capture3.PNG

Attachments

Reaction score
Of course, no problem.

For your 'Garage Left' camera, the password for admin=sinister8@

Good luck!
Okayyyy lol I was close.. didn’t have the @ st the end

Okay, so now how do I tell the nvr that’s my password..like once I log into the camera, what do I do? Do I have to do anytning or once I log in, it’ll work?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol! Close doesn't cut it with passwords!

You will need to configure the NVR channel that you are going to plug the camera into (presumably it already matches the IP address of the camera) with the camera password.
I don't recall if you have to change the mode to Manual instead of Plug&Play for that.

Reaction score
Lol! Close doesn't cut it with passwords!

You will need to configure the NVR channel that you are going to plug the camera into (presumably it already matches the IP address of the camera) with the camera password.
I don't recall if you have to change the mode to Manual instead of Plug&Play for that.
Okay!!! I’m all goood now!! It’s working. Thank you so much for your help and everyone else. Phewww so glad it’s working

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Summary:
issue: Forgotten password on Hikvision IP camera

Resolution: various default passwords failed, as the Hikvision IP camera had an older firmware version alastairstevenson was able to determine the password from

"If none of those work, and if the camera firmware is older than 5.4.5, use this URL in the browser, zip up the resulting file and attach here, I will decrypt and decode it to extract the actual password.
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK"

ref:
Help one camera stopped working

Additional thread worth checking out if you have a newer firmware:
( executive summary downgrade firmware.. )
Alternative way of recovering HikVision NVR password

Last edited: