Help required with iVMS-4500 on smart phone

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hullo

I've used this app successfully on my phone both remotely & connecting to my friend's wi-fi but now its not working.

It's ok using my home network.

I can recall at least one software update recently; I've got version 4.4.2 (build20160912)

Anybody got any thoughts?

Thanks

benetton73

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
are you using hikvision ddns? if not check to see if you ip address has changed

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
are you using hikvision ddns? if not check to see if you ip address has changed
Hi Benetton73, I'm afraid I'm not all that savvy with these things but I've just been into my router settings and noticed Dynamic DNS is not enabled - is this what you mean?

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Benetton73, I'm afraid I'm not all that savvy with these things but I've just been into my router settings and noticed Dynamic DNS is not enabled - is this what you mean?
Benetton73, I've gone into the NVR network settings, DDNS is not enabled. Ehen I enable it, change the location to Europe-UK, the server address is www.hikvision-on.line.com but then it asks for a domain name. Status is DDNS is disabled. There are username & password boxes at the end - if they are relevant, what info do I input?

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Benetton73, I've gone into the NVR network settings, DDNS is not enabled. Ehen I enable it, change the location to Europe-UK, the server address is www.hikvision-on.line.com but then it asks for a domain name. Status is DDNS is disabled. There are username & password boxes at the end - if they are relevant, what info do I input? Sorry Benetton73, I've gone mad & completed the registration on hikvision and DDNS is now enabled. What must I do now to access my cameras away from my network?