HELP! Server not found with Blue Iris app on Android

megsq26

n3wb
Reaction score
I have done everything I know to do to make the connection happen...and it did, once, for about 10 or 15 minutes a couple days ago but I lost it and haven't been successful getting back on since.
Our set up is: recently switched IP providers, have an Amcrest PTZ in our barn wired directly to our router and running Blue Iris 4 on our laptop. I installed the BI app on my phone as well as my husbands.
~I have user name/password set in the BI Options/Users page.
~When I attempted to use the Remote Access Wizard, it gets hung up on the "Remote Access page".
~I have changed the Ethernet adapter setting from "Auto IP" to "use the following IP address" and set it for the IPv4/Subnet/Gateway/Def DNS that I pulled from the Ethernet info on the Command screen(ipconfig /all).
~I have done a port fwd on the same IP as above for a range of 80-81 in the router's Web Interface.
(When this didn't work, I even went so far as to delete the PF range and enter the IP into the DMZ Destination IP)
~I've set BI.exe to be allowed by computer/Avast Firewall
~Attempts to connect were also made after turning off my Firewall protection on the computer as well as the IPv4 Firewall in the Router Interface.
~Currently, the DHCP Server, NAT and UPnP are "Enabled" in the Router interface

Off the top of my head, this is all I can think of...have been fighting this for days and have enlisted the help of another individual as much as I could...however it was over the phone and he didn't have any familiarity with BI software.

What am I missing/not doing?! I know that there's something b/c it worked on my phone momentarily...I just am too much of an amateur to do any more troubleshooting!

Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions!

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have done everything I know to do to make the connection happen...and it did, once, for about 10 or 15 minutes a couple days ago but I lost it and haven't been successful getting back on since.
Our set up is: recently switched IP providers, have an Amcrest PTZ in our barn wired directly to our router and running Blue Iris 4 on our laptop. I installed the BI app on my phone as well as my husbands.
~I have user name/password set in the BI Options/Users page.
~When I attempted to use the Remote Access Wizard, it gets hung up on the "Remote Access page".
~I have changed the Ethernet adapter setting from "Auto IP" to "use the following IP address" and set it for the IPv4/Subnet/Gateway/Def DNS that I pulled from the Ethernet info on the Command screen(ipconfig /all).
~I have done a port fwd on the same IP as above for a range of 80-81 in the router's Web Interface.
(When this didn't work, I even went so far as to delete the PF range and enter the IP into the DMZ Destination IP)
~I've set BI.exe to be allowed by computer/Avast Firewall
~Attempts to connect were also made after turning off my Firewall protection on the computer as well as the IPv4 Firewall in the Router Interface.
~Currently, the DHCP Server, NAT and UPnP are "Enabled" in the Router interface

Off the top of my head, this is all I can think of...have been fighting this for days and have enlisted the help of another individual as much as I could...however it was over the phone and he didn't have any familiarity with BI software.

What am I missing/not doing?! I know that there's something b/c it worked on my phone momentarily...I just am too much of an amateur to do any more troubleshooting!

Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions!
It is important to keep it simple...start over.
1-ALWAYS disable UPNP in the router and camera, ALWAYS, then ensure that any open ports created by upnp are closed.
2-disable DMZ.
3- Best thing is to completely reset your router and disable upnp before connecting anything to it but the pc, make sure camera is off or at least upnp is certainly disabled in it.
4- reset your computer to auto ip.
5- assign your pc a dhcp reservation in your router to keep the ip the same.
6 - in the webserver tab use port 8585, not 80 or 81, many isp's block these.
8-forward that port and test with canyouseeme.org
Finally you could avoid all this by reading the VPN for noobs thread to learn how to setup a vpn, that will be a much more secure route than port forwarding.