Help set up Dahua NVR4108-4KS2

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, I need a little hep to set up my NVR4108-4ks2.

I can web browse to my dahua cameras With the static ip I have given them in my LAN range 192.168.2.x
My NVR is also assigned a static address within the same range. I can also web browse from a pic into my NVR.

I can view a live stream by web browsing directly to the cameras web GUI. All good so far!!

when registering cameras on the NVR the device search finds them instantly. Click add and the modify to the user name I have preconfigured using the web GUI.

Hit connect and nothing happens. Back at registration tab camera status shows red. However after about 20mins status turns green and now I can view live stream on NVR.
Why such a long time to connect?

Would be good to have a simple guide on how to further configure the camera settings to help me get the best out of the NVR set up.

Thanks. Andy

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are using the default ADMIN login for the NVR to Login to the cameras, what happens, after 5 unsuccessful login attempts (Which is pretty instantaneously, as the NVR just bombs the camera with login attempts), the camera will lockout the username for a period of time. This setting is in each camera's settings under SETUP>EVENT>ABNORMALITY>ILLEGAL ACCESS.

I personally setup at least 3 accounts

1) Admin -Default, cannot be deleted
2) My Camera Admin Account
3) NVR Access Account (for the NVR to login to the camera)

Last edited:

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah it must of been something like that as my second camera status turned green within a minute.

I too set 3 accounts up when I initialised the NVR.
Small steps ATM whilst I learn each section of the NVR.
My next job is to set up my own dynds rather than use the default service within the NVR and cameras. Only using Easy4IP ATM but any hints on pitfall to watch out for ?

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was planning on using my own ddns with Easy4IP but that doesn't appear to be an option?
This seams to place more trust in Duhua security of Easy4IP than I would wish to.
A bit of forum searching opened a whole web of vpn threads, none of which seamed easy to understand apart from the Asus routers with built in VPN but are these directly connectable on a UK fibre network without the need for a second router or modem

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't use Easy4IP. I do it all manually. I wish I could tell you more. I do have a test 4108 running. It actually does the IVS unlike my 5216.

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah the 4108 does a good job, even the Easy4IP is I must say very easy to set up. It's just a security worry for my network that I wish to plug

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have upnp off and no port forwarding on my router. All through VPN. I am trying to stay as secure as possible. But, yes, I really like this little guy.

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have upnp off and no port forwarding on my router. All through VPN. I am trying to stay as secure as possible. But, yes, I really like this little guy.
what VPN solution are you using embedded Asus router vpn or openvpn by another means?