Help to identify blown components on the Dahua NRV4208-8p-4KS2

evilm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, maybe one of you could help me to identify some blown components on my nvr board.

I'm with my Dahua NRV4208-8p-4KS2 on my desk to repair a faulty hdmi output, does anyone have any schematic or diagram for the board of this nvr?
I need the reference for 3 blown components on the board:
U19 and U24 (the marking on them shows 1187R but a did a quick research and didn't found any datasheets for this component)
U25 (probably a transistor but I can't read it's information cause it is blown)

Can someone provide a clear picture of the area around the hdmi port to help me identify the marking on the U25 component?
Does anyone have any info or datasheet for the 1187R?

I'll attach a picture I took showing the area around the hdmi with those 3 blown components.

Thank you!

PS:
1 - The image is showing fine through vga, poe and ethernet ports are also working. I know I could just use one of those vga to hdmi adapters or found a monitor/tv with vga input but since I'll be removing those blown components anyway to avoid more damage or future issues it would be easy to swap them for new ones if I could find the right reference.
2 - I've also checked the other smd around and did not found any other damage.

Attachments

evilm

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess that U19 and U24 are filters. I will take a look upon this tomorrow. But I still need the reference for the U25.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi guys, maybe one of you could help me to identify some blown components on my nvr board.

I'm with my Dahua NRV4208-8p-4KS2 on my desk to repair a faulty hdmi output, does anyone have any schematic or diagram for the board of this nvr?
I need the reference for 3 blown components on the board:
U19 and U24 (the marking on them shows 1187R but a did a quick research and didn't found any datasheets for this component)
U25 (probably a transistor but I can't read it's information cause it is blown)

Can someone provide a clear picture of the area around the hdmi port to help me identify the marking on the U25 component?
Does anyone have any info or datasheet for the 1187R?

I'll attach a picture I took showing the area around the hdmi with those 3 blown components.

Thank you!

PS:
1 - The image is showing fine through vga, poe and ethernet ports are also working. I know I could just use one of those vga to hdmi adapters or found a monitor/tv with vga input but since I'll be removing those blown components anyway to avoid more damage or future issues it would be easy to swap them for new ones if I could find the right reference.
2 - I've also checked the other smd around and did not found any other damage.
Good luck on finding a datasheet on any Dahua components let alone Any NVR, those are closely guarded secrets. I have or use to have access to a few of those NVR's but have passed the torch(Retired) to the next person to manage. I do go back on a as needed basis and I do expect to be back at the end of the week, If I get time I will snap a few pics for you.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They look like surface mount resistor arrays.

Good luck finding the replacement part package and fixing the board.

evilm

n3wb
Reaction score
Good luck on finding a datasheet on any Dahua components let alone Any NVR, those are closely guarded secrets. I have or use to have access to a few of those NVR's but have passed the torch(Retired) to the next person to manage. I do go back on a as needed basis and I do expect to be back at the end of the week, If I get time I will snap a few pics for you.
I didn't find anything useful. I've asked also the seller who sold me the unit if he could take a look upon this for me or maybe if he can take a picture of the hdmi area in the board on a new unit, let's see what he will say.
Thank you!

evilm

n3wb
Reaction score
They look like surface mount resistor arrays.

Good luck finding the replacement part package and fixing the board.
Do you mean the U19 and U24?
I really don't know what U25 is, it may a transistor or a voltage regulator. The other 2 components U19 and U24 by their location I guess that they are emi filters. I normally see those filters in another packages though, usually they are placed closer to the hdmi port as first components after the connector itself.

evilm

n3wb
Reaction score
Today I did a little clean up and swapped the storage in the NVR of this post. As I stated earlier, just the HDMI output is not working, everything else works as expected.
Since it was on my desk I decided to take a look a bit further on the blown components. As I suspected, the components U19 and U24, closer to the HDMI port, are surge and esd suppressor diodes.
They are from texas instruments, the code for these components is ESD204DQAR.
The datasheet can be found here:
The only part I've not been able to identify yet is the U25, it is in a sot23 package. It could be a voltage regulator, a diode, a transistor or a mosfet, it also could be another esd supressor. I need to analyse the board to find out what it could be. Sometime in the future I'll take another look uppon this.
A friend of mine took a picture of another NVR (same model as mine), and the code on the component is KJ9jG. Unfortunately he has no access to it or ways to measure the part.
I've not been able to find any useful information on this component. Meanwhile, can someone give me a hint?
If I manage to measure this component I'll be glad to share with you guys what I found.

Attachments

Last edited: