Help to understand connectitivy, desperate noob

Jimmy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I am Jimmy and very sorry for starting out like this first post after register, just a bit panicked and time has run out at this point so figured I register at a forum to ask my question in regards to IP camera.

I know nothing about the subject, have read some here but it is what it is, I have a friend who have this house in south EU but live in the north EU and the family know even less then I do about it so she asked for help to buy a system for them to install at the house in the south a year ago and I did but being a noob and very low budget I bought what I have read you calling pure crap more or less (which I also understand it is). Some no name Chinese x4 box + 2 analog cameras and crap it is but at least still working and recording to the HDD I put in soon as something moves in front a cam, just will not send the email which I never got working despite following all guides and looks like done correct?

The friend is about to go down again in a few weeks and I must order 2 more cameras and again budget is very, very tight but I don´t want to take the chance of getting 2 more analog cameras and perhaps overloading that crappy system using all it's channels so looking at IP cams instead and here comes the problem! I want for ex Hikvision even if I could then only afford a single camera and that is if found at a good price at that, been looking at Dahua and Hikvision (very expensive where I live and US import is no cheaper do to insane taxing, customs etc) but it seas they cannot be P2P and she can not go into a router, out of the question and I cannot follow them down there cause I think I could do the port forwarding and so on at least following some guides I'll get it done even though I am a noob anything ip myself.

There is no real requirements, need to be able to reach via Android phone and if possible a Windows PC and get email notification + ok image quality (nothing 2 or 4k or higher bitrates needed) and the bar is already set pretty low in that regard. So stability and usability and very east to set up that is all at least for now and time is running out. First I thought I could tie a Hikvison to a router and port forward etc here in the north and then let her take the cam + configured router down with her to the south and just plug it in there to existing router already in place but then I figured that might have been a dumb though and might not work like that at all?

Please guys, any thoughts on cheapest possible cam of quality enough to stable, accessible and that an elderly non techy woman can set up? I read you need a DRV for P2P on Hikvison and that direct access to a single IP cam cannot be done but I have no confirmation and hard to find info I understand and can rely on? So sorry again and for the long post but getting worried must order (preferably yesterday) and be sure it arrive on time, worst case scenario I have no choice but to go uber cheapo Chinese no name to at least not throw away more then least possible amount to get P2P but really want to avoid that a second time around. Would be very thankful if anyone have got a solution to my/her problem?