Help troubleshoot night image quality

fevis

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have a problem with the quality of the image when it's dark. I pressume its caused by some background lighting from a streetlight.
You can see the problem in the screenshot. Also how it looks in daylight and my settings for that cam (default).
I have marked where the streetlight is in the night image.

I am using NVR DS-7604N-E1/4P (V3.0.10 build 141126) and the cam is a DS-2CD2342WD-I 2015

Hope you can give me some recommendation on how to improve image quality.

Attachments

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, looks like you are getting IR reflection from the sofit above the camera. Actions are as follows:-

1) Tilt the camera down towards the ground to reduce the IR bleed.
2) Turn-Off your IR lights on the camera
3) Install Flood Lights and turn off IR lights on the camera
4) Relocate the camera to an area whereby the camera isn't bouncing IR from the camera onto any surface and back onto the camera lens
5) Check the camera hasn't got any small object on the top of the lens / screen.

Regards

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Few things you can try if your camera supports these settings (firmware update may enable them):
Under Configuration>Image>Display Settings, experiment with the Backlight settings.
Please excuse the poor attempt at a recreation of your issue. I just pointed my test camera at the ceiling.

1571954818481.png

Changing the BLC Area to Custom allows you can draw a box around the area that needs dampening. Try variations with this setting as mine was a rush-job.
Toggle HLC if available too and see if that helps.

1571955096344.png
Lastly, if the street lamp is providing sufficient ambient light, try flip the the camera into day mode via the Day/Night Switch option and see if the image is preferable.
1571955500983.png