Help updating Hikvision DS-7608NI SE/8P

alexf40

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I have a Hikvision DS-7608NI SE/8P NVR it came with v3.0.8 build 140825, and it updated to v3.0.10 without issues.

The serial number has letters AARRxxxxxxxxxWCVU so I'm not sure if it's safe to update with new English European firmware? As is 'Other/unspecified' and not 'World/multi-language' region encoded.

I have six cameras, two international (WR) and four Chinese (CH), if I update the NVR will it stop working with the Chinese cameras?

Cheers

Last edited:

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you figure this out? I have same NVR though I am running the v2.11.3 firmware and trying to figure out where to get newer version as it crashes randomly daily...

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you sir! Do we need to use the tftp method to update from a 2.x.x version to 3.x.x version firmware as I think you stated in another post from 2015, this is why I have been on old firmware for awhile... the site you linked does not show my current firmware v2.3.11 build 150625 so perhaps it was not good firmware?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You do need to be sure the NVR isn't a China region model - is it definitely a -NI version?
The web GUI update should be the safest method, more validity checks.

*edit*
The build date is not consistent with the versions on the link supplied v2.3.11 build 150625

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, according to the config screen of the NVR... I'll try update via web GUI and see what happens. Can always deprecate via tftp route? Do I need to unhook cams for update, and will
we lose configuration settings from update? Thank you,,

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
will
we lose configuration settings from update?
Normally the web GUI will retain / update the configuration, certainly between minor versions.
But presumably you have exported a copy of both NVR and IPC configurations?

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Will export both... didn't think of doing that!

I think I had problem with update in past and had to recover the device, it has been some time... Hopefully Hikvision has changed this? Any idea what happens to cause failure between firmware revision
updates?

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, just did update and looks like I lost network connection with the device... Its in remote location so I'll have to get to it later...

alexf40

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the newer firmware will stop my CH cameras from working?

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was able to update via tftp... lost hikvision cams though the dahua made it through.

Ramias

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the newer firmware will stop my CH cameras from working?
Did you ever get an answer to this? I also have the 7608 NI-SE. Currently on Firmware V2.3.12 build 160622 and some of my cameras are CH. Found a 3.0.22 firmware on the European portal. I've installed firmware from there before but it's been several years since I've messed with this thing.