Help with cameras setup for a detached garage.

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently building an Ip camera security system for home use using member feedback and product review. I have ordered several dahua cameras from Andy. Using a Dell Optiplex 7040 i7 as the NVR and a Cisco sf300-24pp POe+ switch to power the cameras.

I will like to mount several cameras to the detached garage located about 20 feet from the main house where the switch be located. Is there any other option beside burying cable or running wifi cameras. I will like to have only one system instead of Ip cameras and wireless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So basically what will have to do is attached a ubiquiti sender to the Poe at the main house and then a receiver located at the detached garage that will be connected to the Ip camera correct ?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So basically what will have to do is attached a ubiquiti sender to the Poe at the main house and then a receiver located at the detached garage that will be connected to the Ip camera correct ?

You'd need a pair of them, they're bidirectional not strictly tx or rx.

I'd probably try the homeplug adapters first they're cheaper and would probably get the job done.

Reaction score
Sweet. Problem solve. Thank you again

Reaction score
So if I want to run two cameras in the detach garage do I have to get 2 pairs?

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
no. Both solutions are essentially extending your network. There is a limit to the throughput but it will support numerousIP cams. Agree with trying the powerline first.