Help with DORI and Choosing Camera

elecpurch

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all

I am looking at getting a Dahua 5MP IP Turret Camera to monitor a pathway next to my house (Length:16meters X Width:3meters). I've got a brick wall next to this pathway and I am looking at mounting the turret camera on this wall. What I can't figure out is if a 5MP Fixed 2.8mm turret is going to capture this entire pathway or should I go for a varifocal. I also thought about installing 2 turrets insead of one but then this might be an overkill plus costly. I have attached an image for your reference. Is anyone able to help me out with the calculations?

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't chase megapixels, chase sensor size unless you have a LOT of light or don't mind poor performance at night. The simplest solution is to buy a varifocal turret camera and set the focal length you need at the time of the installation. A varifocal is not a zoom and is designed to be set and left. The current goto model is the Dahua 5442T-ZE which is 4 megapixels on a 1/1.8" sensor and has a built-in microphone. Alternately look at the 2231T-Z, 2MP on a 1/2.7" sensor or the 3241T-ZAS, also 2MP on a 1/2.7" sensor, but the 3241 has a built-in microphone for audio as well.