Help with DS-7616NI-E2/16P

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hi folks, long time Hik camera user but first time acquiring one of their NVR's. I have picked up a DS-7616NI-E2/16P NVR and would like to add my existing 12 Hikvision POE cams manually via my existing network and not plugging them directly into the NVR. In the camera setup section, it sees all my cameras but it also has the default 16 ports listed. It won't let me delete those default 16 and/or add my existing cameras. What am I missing?

Any help appreciated!

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How are the cameras connected to your network?

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I figured it out, thanks. I had to manually edit the existing ports in the NVR and put the current IP's of my cameras. All is well now.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Next question is how to get the stream from the NVR into BI.. I know I need to add it as a "camera" but it's refusing the connection from BI.

Edit: got that figured out as well with the correct username and password.

Last edited:

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Couple more questions on this NVR:

Two of my cameras are lised as "Camera 01" in the NVR. Nothing I change directly on the cameras web interface will change how it appears in the NVR.

Secondly, it seems the NVR keeps changing the resolution on one of my cameras to 2048x1536 even though I change it directly on the cameras web interface to 1920x1080.

Any ideas on either of these?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera web interface can be used to change the OSD that overlays the video.
The NVR channel name can be changed in the NVR web GUI by changing the camera name.

On the resolution - the NVR has admin control of the connected Hikvision cameras and will periodically apply the settings that are specified in the NVR configuration for the cameras, so that would be the place to define it.