Help with finding NEW APP replacing LOREX FXC33V.

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum and need help finding a new app to use to monitor my Lorex FXC33V cameras since they don't support the FXC33V camera's anymore. I found an app, TINY CAM PRO, but either I'm not doing something right (hard to use and they won't return my emails) or this app just won't work with the Lorex FXC33V. So, if anyone can help me, I'd sure appreciate it! I'm too old to replace this camera's (can't climb ladders anymore) and hopefully, there is a new app to replace monitoring the FXC33V camera. Thanks for everybody's help, it is greatly appreciated!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum and need help finding a new app to use to monitor my Lorex FXC33V cameras since they don't support the FXC33V camera's anymore. I found an app, TINY CAM PRO, but either I'm not doing something right (hard to use and they won't return my emails) or this app just won't work with the Lorex FXC33V. So, if anyone can help me, I'd sure appreciate it! I'm too old to replace this camera's (can't climb ladders anymore) and hopefully, there is a new app to replace monitoring the FXC33V camera. Thanks for everybody's help, it is greatly appreciated!
Welcome @Moosehead42

Do you know if it has an rtsp feed?

If so, you can test with VLC.

This is info from another forum, i do not know if these work - so you'll need to test it:
breakout911 said:
RTSP URL I'm using on mine: rtsp:/root:<password>@<ip>:554/stream1

<password> = the password you provisioned the camera with
<ip> = the ip/hostname of the camera obviously.

Good Luck
and

jetski777 said:
Finally got this camera working with Blue Iris!. I had selected the correct make and model, but had the path wrong (I was using '/'). These are the Blue Iris settings that work with this camera:

Make: Generic/ONVIF
Model: RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4
Path: /cam/ch0_0.h264
User: root
Password: <password set via Lorex Secure App>
If there is an available rtsp feed you should be able to connect to your LAN and see it.

Try first with a PC connected to your LAN.

Reaction score
Welcome @Moosehead42

This is info from another forum, i do not know if these work - so you'll need to test it:

and

If there is an available rtsp feed you should be able to connect to your LAN and see it.

Dear Sirs

Thank you so much for replying, I greatly appreciate it and your willingness to help me. I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to what your asking--I'm not real tech savvy. Can you please tell me what RTSP FEED IS? Also, how can I test with VLS? I'm sorry but again, I don't know all the techy language. Please advise how I can proceed forward, Thank you!!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dear Sirs

Thank you so much for replying, I greatly appreciate it and your willingness to help me. I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to what your asking--I'm not real tech savvy. Can you please tell me what RTSP FEED IS? Also, how can I test with VLS? I'm sorry but again, I don't know all the techy language. Please advise how I can proceed forward, Thank you!!
Hi @Moosehead42

rtsp:
The Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) is a network control protocol designed for use in entertainment and communications systems to control streaming media servers.
ref:
Real Time Streaming Protocol - Wikipedia

VLC
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.:
ref:
Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN

Sorry I can't give you an exact step by step guide on that particular camera, as I do not have it.

Reaction score
Welcome @Moosehead42

and

Reaction score
Hello Sir,

I was following up with you concerning my Lorex FXC33V camera's that Lorex quit sponsoring last summer. I've had alittle incident in my life and had to put this on the back burner, so to speak. Anyway, I have an app called IP CAM and quite frankly I must be doing something wrong because I cant get it to work. Would it be possible for you to help me concerning this matter? I would sure appreciate it if you could help me. Thanks so much.