Help with gDMSS Push Notifications

RJJ

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had no luck in setting up push notifications on my Android Phone. I have a Dahua NVR 5216. I've been able to set up gDMSS Plus on my phone, and can see the live preview without a problem. I have motion detection as well as IVS set up on my NVR, and can view events on Smart PSS on my Windows 10 desktop.

On gDMSS Plus, I click on the menu on the left side of the screen. Click on Alarm Manager. All the videos and other documentation I have found shows at this point a "Push Config" should appear on the next screen. Instead I get the "All Alarm" on the top, along with a "Subscribe" button on the bottom. From there, I have tried Subscribe -> Home and then enable to Home slider, click on the IVS and Motion Detect on cameras that I have set it up for. Click on the check mark in the top right. It will say "Subscribe Successfully". When I go back to the Alarm Manager page, it is blank other then the "All Alarm" on the top and "Subscribe" button on the bottom. Clicking on the Trash Can shows "No Alarm".

Can anyone help me out here. I've spent quite a bit of time with no luck and was hoping someone here could help me out.

Thanks in advance.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I have had no luck in setting up push notifications on my Android Phone. I have a Dahua NVR 5216. I've been able to set up gDMSS Plus on my phone, and can see the live preview without a problem. I have motion detection as well as IVS set up on my NVR, and can view events on Smart PSS on my Windows 10 desktop.

On gDMSS Plus, I click on the menu on the left side of the screen. Click on Alarm Manager. All the videos and other documentation I have found shows at this point a "Push Config" should appear on the next screen. Instead I get the "All Alarm" on the top, along with a "Subscribe" button on the bottom. From there, I have tried Subscribe -> Home and then enable to Home slider, click on the IVS and Motion Detect on cameras that I have set it up for. Click on the check mark in the top right. It will say "Subscribe Successfully". When I go back to the Alarm Manager page, it is blank other then the "All Alarm" on the top and "Subscribe" button on the bottom. Clicking on the Trash Can shows "No Alarm".

Can anyone help me out here. I've spent quite a bit of time with no luck and was hoping someone here could help me out.

Thanks in advance.
Just some ideas:
- did you configure the IVS rules on the NVR also with the recording (usefull for playback video when you get the push notification)
- if you configure the IVS rule to send an email (tick the box "mail"): did that work?
- similar: within the IVS rule, did you tick the box "message"?
- networkwise: is your NVR shielded from the internet (especially port 2195 outbound is of importance for push messages) - to see whether (or not) this is an issue, put a wireshark (or similar) in between your NVR and the internet.

Good luck!
CC